Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Delmar, Delaware
At API we innovate, design and deliver high reliability products every day to serve our customers. These products keep soldiers safe, allow satellites to communicate, save lives through medical technology, and more. With 1,700+ people working across 15 design/manufacturing centers in North America and Europe we strive to be a leading global partner of choice in our markets: Defense, Aerospace, Space, Medical, Oil & Gas, Telecom, and Secure Systems.
API Technologies is a different company today than it was in 2016. After years of acquisitions we recognized the need to transform and began integrating our business to leverage our collective capabilities. We hired a Chief Transformation Officer. We promoted people into roles where they could make a difference and eliminate waste. We implemented a continuous improvement (CI) program, hiring CI Managers, training every employee in 5Y, and running Kaizen events to tackle low hanging fruit: we still have some. The employees who embrace this culture have thrived. Together, we are building a stronger business.
If you are an employee who challenges the status quo, who makes an impact, and who would be driven to continuously improve by the people our products protect and serve globally; then apply at www.apitech.com/careers.
We strive to put excellence in everything we do: including your career.
Tunes preamps, microwave filters, subassemblies, and parts. Conducts variety of electronic and mechanical tests on preamps, microwave filters, subassemblies, and parts to ensure unit functions according to specifications, or to determine cause of unit failure by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Interprets test schedule, work orders, test manuals, performance specifications, wiring diagrams, and schematics to determine testing procedure and equipment to be used.
• Tests functional performance of preamps, microwave filters of all circuit typologies, subassemblies, and parts under specified environmental conditions such as temperature cycling.
• Connects and tunes units using test equipment such as VOM, power supply, signal generator, frequency meter, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, and environmental chamber.
• Interprets displays that indicate electronic characteristics such as frequency, band width, VSWR, time delay, phase track/match, distortion, voltage, inductance, and capacitance.
• Compares and analyzes test results with specifications and records test data or plots test results on graph.
• Records defects and returns unit to assembly department for repair.
• Devises test equipment setup to evaluate performance and operation of nonstandard or customer returned units.
• Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and others regarding testing procedures, test results, and problem resolutions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
• Assists in the training of other technicians.
• Periodically assists in other production areas at the discretion of the Production Manager or Test Manager.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• High School Diploma or equivalent AND,
• Two to three years related experience OR,
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• LANGUAGE – Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• MATHEMATICAL – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• REASONING ABILITY – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few fixed variables in standardized situations.
• PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
o While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. General vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Manufacturing techniques, operating techniques, inspection techniques, quality control plans, forms, work documentation and equipment necessary to perform job, general visual acuity and attention to detail.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This is a manufacturing position.
EOE/Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran and E-Verify Employer.