Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work(R). We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking and experienced Project Manager in our Dayton, OH, Cincinnati, OH, Columbus, OH, or Indianapolis, IN office.
The Project Manager will be involved in business growth strategies, business development, and direct multiple large/complex projects. This individual will manage Airfield Design and Planning projects including Construction Administration clients, coordinate with design team, contractors and municipal officials to ensure quality deliverables are completed on schedule and within budget. Our Project Managers lead the growth of the Aviation design business in the quad-state region and assist projects in other states by providing design services and working with cross-functional teams to develop detailed deliverables.
* Identify and communicate business growth opportunities and serve as the Aviation or Airfield Design Subject Matter Expert during the sales cycle and/or Request for Proposal (RFP) process
* Participate in shortlist presentations to prospective clients
* Facilitate scope meetings with clients to construct needs analysis and project definitions
* Direct and collaborate with cross-functional teams across all project phases from conceptual/preliminary design, detailed design, construction
* Ensure deliverables and quality standards are met in accordance with the agreed scope, schedule and budget
* Manage and support internal and client cross-functional teams
* Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident
* Collaborate with senior management to resolve schedule and budget problems as they arise
* Facilitate client-facing change management and provide on-going communication throughout the project
* Accountable for the successful delivery of assigned projects
* Other duties as assignedRequirements:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering or related field
* Minimum of 6-10+ years' of related work experience managing Civil Engineering Design projects, preferably within the Aviation or Airfield design industry
* Professional Engineering license is required
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of FAA Advisory Circulars
* Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
* Ability to provide excellent customer service
* Strong technical proficiency required, including Microsoft Office products
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
* Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
* Quickly adapt and respond to industry changes as well as internal initiatives
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.