Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: PERTH AMBOY, New Jersey
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack MeridianHealth our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
The Hostess will be responsible in assisting our patients with menu selections and works hand-in-hand with our Food and Nutrition Department.
A day in the life of a Hostess at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
* Effectively communicating with patients, staff and guests of the hospital to ensure accuracy and timelines of patient meal trays and floor stock.
* Major responsibility includes delivering meal carts to patient units, aiding in the meal set-up at bedside, discarding of soiled trays, taking inventory of nourishment area, stocking the nourishment area and accurately operating technical equipment.
* Responsible for sanitation activities, including dishware, equipment cleaning and janitorial tasks.
* In addition, they may be responsible for cashiering in the cafeteria.
* The general responsibilities of the position include those listed above, but team leader may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ depending on business necessities and Daily requirements.
High School Diploma or GED is required.
Customer Service skills required.
Food Service Experience preferred.
Strong desire to work in the healthcare field is necessary
Abiltiy to work a flexible schedule, which includes all shifts, weekends and some holidays.
Proficiency with basic computer skills
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.