Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: El Segundo, California
Posting Title Sr Manager, Consumer Insights Requisition Number 182418 Location El Segundo, California Zip Code 90245 Job Category Research
Sr. Manager, Core Brands Global Consumer Insights
Reports to: Vice President, Global Insights & Analytics
Location: El Segundo
As a key member in the Global Insights organization, the Sr. Manager will:
* Lead consumer research and insights for Mattel s preschool brands Fisher Price, Thomas, Mega and more.
* Be an indispensable partner to brand leadership by providing a strong, objective perspective on the voice of the consumer, and by identifying and prioritizing opportunities related to brand strategy, marketing, and positioning, product design and development, and communications.
* Ensure that all outputs are actionable, grounded in consumer knowledge, and guided by a broader understanding of business context and implications. Inspire the team to uncover the so whats of all deliverables.
* Convey findings, through both written reports and presentations, in a concise and compelling way. Connect the dots from other learnings throughout the Insights organization (business, shopper, and other areas of consumer) to tell a holistic and insightful story that will guide decision-making.
* Design, coordinate and execute strategic qualitative and quantitative research projects. Plan and field primary research projects involving a wide range of methodologies, such as focus groups, online tools, immersions, ethnographies, and simulated shopping methodologies.
* Identify and implement new and innovative research techniques to address business needs.
* Oversee supplier relationships, managing scope, budget and deliverables.
* Partner cohesively with the broader Insights leadership team across business and consumer; avoid silos and seek out ways to add value by synthesizing and collaborating across the teams.
* Manage, coach, and develop a team of three.
* Able to remove barriers to speed to make Mattel a more nimble business and organization
* Able to encourage teams to challenge the status quo and always dare to be better
* Able to convey confidence, ease and enthusiasm when communicating with a variety of audiences, job levels and stakeholders
* Graduate level degree (MA, MS, MBA or PhD) in business or social sciences is preferred. A Bachelor s degree is required
* A minimum of 7-10 years of consumer research/insights experience in a high performing, multi-national CPG and/or integrated agency environments with a proven track record of driving change and top tier business performance
* Experience conducting global research projects with a sensitivity to the differences among other countries and cultures
* Experience in transforming an organization to become consumer- and market- insights driven; demonstrated ability to build advocacy for consumer insights within an organization
* Individual must have a passion for data and be able to interpret and educate users and clients for maximum understanding and application to the business strategy
* Experience tailoring communications to different audiences and communicating to all levels of stakeholders: executive leadership, brand and design, agency and research partners, etc.
* Ability to synthesize qualitative insights from a variety of methods into coherent strategic frameworks
* Superior report writing and presentation skills, along with exceptional listening skills
* Seasoned and strategic multi-tasker
* Be detail oriented without sacrificing a broad strategic perspective
* Strong leadership skills with experience managing and developing a staff
* Knowledgeable about the latest developments and research innovation (both methodological and analytical)
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive and cooperative attitude that fosters collaboration and teamwork both inside and outside the department.
* Ability to read and respond to cultural cues to make the greater enterprise more effective.
Mattel is a leading global children s entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie , Hot Wheels , American Girl , Fisher-Price and Thomas & Friends , as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world s leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential. Visit us online at www.mattel.com. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelcareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity