Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Buffalo, New York
Actively participates with authorization and family support activities for donor and potential donor families. Assure compliance with UNYTS family services policies and protocols. Provides high quality aftercare, follow up and support services to donor families with attention to details. Helps plan and carry out programs, events and projects for donor families.
1. Support potential organ donor families in the hospital setting.
2. Ensure aftercare activities are performed according to Unyts policies and guidelines.
3. Develop and facilitate initiatives for donor families.
4. Assist with special projects related to donation awareness, community and hospital development.
5. Assist in creating, finding, and organizing bereavement materials and bereavement resources.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
One year experience with families or individuals during time of grief preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must have strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication.
Must be able to work under pressure while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
Must be adaptable and flexible to change with a continuous focus on customer service.
Must have patience in making decisions and dealing with confidential information.
Must be able to maintain emotional control under stress.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and data entry required.
Must have a professional appearance and demeanor.
Must have a valid NYS Drivers license and reliable transportation.