Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Highland Park, Michigan
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is the global leader in automotive interiors. YFAI is redefining how people relax, work and play in their vehicle interiors today and decades from now. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has 114 manufacturing plants and technical centers in 20 countries and more than 33,000 employees globally. They design, develop and manufacture interior components for all automakers. Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.
Responsible for maintaining a good Supplier/Customers’ relationship by consistently exceeding customer expectations, through proper product development and supply in a world class condition.
1. Prepare PPAP submissions for Customers. Interact with Suppliers to complete first time submissions. Coordinate with Materials and Production departments to insure effective, on-time implementation
2. Understand full build process to provide World Class Interiors products to Customers
3. Follow through with Supplier processing of changes to implement changes according to plan
4. Read and interpret blue prints and CAD renderings, verifying product compliance by utilizing various measurement tools
5. Develop or approve appropriate forms for data acquisition from quality verification operations
6. Coordinate the engineering build of development samples to verify proposed changes
7. Promote safety and positive communication among the Quality Department, Plant Personnel, Corporate Personnel, and Customers
8. Provide leadership in troubleshooting to analyse a timely resolution to material and/or any internal problem which may cause and interruption of world class product delivery to our Customers. Ability to problem solve and resolve issues. Proper judgement in communication with Customers when required
9. Monitor assemble operations to determine compliance with Customers’ product function and craftsmanship requirements
10. Working knowledge of PFEMA’s, control plans and operator instructions
11. Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Quality Manager
Bachelor Level Degree in Engineering or Business, or equivalent of four years in quality experience in the Automotive Industry.
Work Experience: Three to five years of experience in Quality Assurance with emphasis on supplying the automotive industry.
Familiar with TS 16949 Standards.
Statistical Quality Control knowledge a plus.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.