Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Ascend Learning; LLC (www.ascendlearning.com) is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for high-growth careers in a range of industries, including healthcare, fitness and wellness, and insurance and financial services. We provide outcomes-based solutions aimed at helping people enter, sustain and succeed in their chosen fields. Ascend employs more than 1,200 employees, with headquarters in Burlington, Mass., and offices in Kansas City metro, Phoenix metro, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Walnut Creek, California, Ann Arbor, Michigan, New York, and the U.K.
Since 1987, the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) has set the standard in certification, continuing education, solutions and tools for health and fitness, sports performance and sports medicine professionals. NASM has pioneered evidence-based health and fitness solutions that optimize physical performance and allow individuals to achieve a variety of fitness activity goals.
• Achievement and growth of NASM & AFAA Revenue Goals in Academic Channel. Academic revenue comes from NASM & AFAA partner schools, advocate schools, and student enrollments within the Academic sales channel.
• Sales staff development, including interviewing, training, hiring, professional development, and ongoing training and development.
• Management of the day to day sales operations and results of the Academic Sales team to ensure achievement of established sales department goals around strategic sales objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITY:
• Demonstrated ability to develop and manage a team to achieve results
• Proficient in tele-sales, including cold calling, and using on-line presentation software
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, CRM, Tableau and SaaS
• Proficient in sales pipeline development, management and accurate forecasting
• Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
• Proven track record in penetrating new markets and possesses a strategic view of business
• Academic industry experience
• Fitness industry experience a plus
• Maintains a creative mindset and approach and understands how to implement tactical plans to execute on emerging strategies
• Strong networking skills and ability to cultivate new and existing relationships
• Strong collaborative approach to business and ability to work cross-functionally to accomplish organizational objectives
• Self-motivated and energetic with a drive to succeed
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Follows internal processes and procedures with consistency and accuracy, and with careful organization to maximize efficiency and sales productivity
• Demonstrated ability to succeed sales goals
• Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work across multiple functional groups
• Ability to work effectively alone and within a team environment
• Pleasant and persuasive personality and excellent phone skills
• Bachelors Degree
• 2-3 years of related sales management experience and 4+ years of sales experience
LEARNING PERIOD: 8-12 weeks working with the current Director of B2B Sales and VP of Sales
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.