Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: SOUTH PLAINFIELD, New Jersey
The Associate Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis - Global Consolidation assists with the global, consolidated financial budgeting and forecasting processes for assigned department(s). This person also assists with the distribution of reporting packages to senior management highlighting and reporting on variances from budget and prior forecast.
The incumbent works cross-functionally with internal departments and external resources on finance-related issues. S/He also works closely with the corporate accounting organization to ensure proper expense recognition and compliance with internal controls.
The Associate Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis – Global Consolidation supports adherence to relevant regulatory requirements and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as appropriate.
• Assists with the preparation of the annual, global consolidated budget and forecast. This may include the entry/on-going maintenance of budget information within the company’s budgeting system.
• Provides support to business owners on annual budget and long-range forecast processes. Provides periodic budget forecast updates.
• Prepares consolidated and business unit financial statement forecasts.
• Prepares, analyzes and distributes Budget Variance Analysis (BVA) reports and performs analysis of current vs. annual plans. Focuses on key drivers and the story behind the numbers.
• Maintains close communication with financial leaders at the business unit and functional level to ensure timely understanding of risk factors that may impact forecasts.
• Develops and builds expense tracking models.
• Maintains standard reporting tools to help identify key risks and opportunities.
• May participate in finance system optimization to streamline data gathering processes for reporting accuracy and efficiency
• Supports financial and business controls and standards including SOX requirements.
• Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management. This may include special projects/ad hoc financial analyses as necessary.
Minimum level of education and years of relevant work experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting and a minimum of 5 years of relevant financial planning and analysis experience, ideally within a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related environment OR equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
Special knowledge or skills needed and/or licenses or certificates required.
• Demonstrated understanding of budgeting and forecasting processes.
• Demonstrated experience performing modeling, forecasting and budgeting-related activities.
• Solid accounting and financial reporting experience in an operational environment.
• Demonstrated ability to approach assignments with intellectual curiosity and analytical mind-set particularly as it relates to process improvement and business relevancy.
• Proven ability to be effective as a business partner to operations management.
• Demonstrated self-starter with strong attention to detail.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively tailor communication to varying levels within the organization.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
• Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
• Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
Special knowledge or skills and/or licenses or certificates preferred.
• Experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related environment.
• Experience with Oracle ERP and EPM products.
0 – 25%
Office based position
PTC Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.