Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Salem, Oregon
Each nursing instructor is responsible for communicating class content to students so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to continue to learn and to achieve their educational objectives. All Nurse Instructors will be responsible to the Nurse Administrator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Knowledge of professional nursing theories, techniques and practices, including the organization and operations of the nursing program.
• Knowledge of the purpose and function of schools’ nursing education and their relationship to the health care delivery system.
• Considerable knowledge of health care agencies/hospital organization and functions of departments, policies, regulations and procedures.
• Ability to coordinate educational experiences with nursing personnel
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing education program, quality of instruction and recommend appropriate changes.
• Express ideas effectively in oral and written format to establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues, students and members of the IOT staff.
• Instruct student nurses in the theoretical and clinical aspects of the practice of nursing.
• Dress professionally in accordance with faculty dress code.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive treatment of the duties and responsibilities of the Instructor
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s or Master degree in Nursing, three years of full-time nursing experience.
• Valid, unencumbered OSBN license
• Current immunization (HBV x 3, MMR, Tdap, Varicella, and PPD)
• Current CPR/AED for Professional Provider