Posted in Education 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Zelienople, Pennsylvania
St. Stephen's Lutheran Academy, is an educational option for students in grades K through 12 who require specialized educational programs due to behavioral health, academic and developmental issues. Our innovative programs are designed to help students succeed academically and behaviorally. Creating an environment for therapeutic progress is paramount to achieving success for students. Our philosophy is that every interaction with a child is an opportunity to help them learn, grow and heal.
POSITION PROFICIENCIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists teacher with classroom management.
2. Completes required paperwork in a timely fashion.
3. Maintains appropriate boundaries with students, staff and parents.
4. Builds healthy, therapeutic relationships with students.
5. Possesses professional communication skills that include awareness of all school communications.
6. Attends all required agency and program trainings.
7. Meets with Supervisor on a regular basis.
8. Practices the principles of PBIS and Sanctuary models of intervention.
9. In collaboration with the classroom teacher, conducts a Strengths-Needs-Cultural-Discovery (SNCD) on every student.
Zelienople, PA, United States
How to Apply:
Candidates must apply via our careers page at http://www.gladerun.org/careers. This is the first step in our application process.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Who We Are: Founded in 1854 as the Orphan’s Home and Farm School, today Glade Run Lutheran Services provides autism, mental health, educational and unique therapeutic offerings to children, adults and families through school and community based offerings. Glade Run provides K-12 day school education at three St. Stephen’s Lutheran Academy sites in Zelienople, Utica, and Sharon. On our historic Zelienople campus, Glade Run also provides therapeutic equine, animal and horticulture programming including summer camps, equine assisted learning and therapy, riding lessons, and individual and group activities. In the community, through offices in Butler, Beaver Falls, Cranberry Township, and Pittsburgh, Glade Run provides a continuum of autism and mental health offerings at our office sites, in homes, and in public schools. Glade Run serves over 4,000 individuals each year.