Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, Texas
POSITION: PROJECT MANAGEMENT-MST
LOCATION: HOUSTON, TX (77058)
DURATION: 12 MONTHS
PAY RATE: $48.25/HR.
THE PROJECT ENGINEER WILL:
* Manage high complexity engineering management and project management for technical process improvement projects.
* Responsibilities include developing productivity tools, managing documentation, tracking schedules.
* The ideal candidate will successfully manage assigned projects and task through significant milestones to provide technically sound products within program schedule and budget.
* The candidate will assume primary responsibility for project leadership, execution, and customer contact.
* The candidate will collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas inside and outside the organization to deliver results and be responsive to internal and external customer needs.
* Familiarity with Earned Value Methodology experience is preferred.
* Familiarity with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) is highly desired. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate is a plus.
* Project Engineering works directly with the Program Office and Integrated Product Development Teams (IPTs) to create, control, develop, and execute the engineering aspects of the EVA Space Operations Contract.
* Lead investigations and risk assessment reviews, complete with detailed mitigation plans including funding and staffing.
* Create technical plans with associated schedules and risk mitigation plans which ensure the timely delivery of error free engineering products, services, and contract deliverable in strict compliance with company policy and procedures.
* Ensure that the requirements of the program's earned value management system (EVMS) are satisfied through the maintenance of performance metrics against an integrated program master schedule. Included in this activity shall be the institution of an engineering Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), program/project planning targets, completion estimating, and basis of estimate for new activities.
* Experience in Managing Systems Engineering and Test Preferred.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen, must either hold a current US DoD clearance or must be able to obtain and maintain a clearance if required, and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
* This job is considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines.
* The selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug Free Workforce.
* Some travel expected to support systems integration testing at NASA Facilities; MSFC, JSC, and Collins WLOX.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.