Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, Texas
Cardiac Cath Lab Units seeking a Director of Nursing (RN) at Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital.
* The Director of Nursing is responsible for the 24-hour management of the assigned nursing units and departments in terms of the quality of nursing care delivered, as well as for planning, organizing, leading and evaluating nursing services within area of specialty.
* The director provides leadership and oversight in the accomplishment of strategic and operational objectives of The Department of Nursing.
* Provides strategic direction for nursing and business operations, responsible for establishing strategic and tactical plans for clinical services, new programs and human resource allocation.
* Promotes a practice environment that empowers nurses to provide effective, compassionate, efficient and knowledgeable nursing care. Works in cooperation with the Medical Staff to ensure regulations and accreditation standards are maintained.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Plans, budgets and organizes, and manages the department to accomplish operational and strategic objectives.
* Projects anticipated volume and demand for resources, conducts cost analysis, analyzes and monitors budget reports and variances, evaluates human and material resource utilization and makes necessary adjustments, collaborates with finance and other business personnel to develop new program initiatives. Analyzes and interprets complex data sets and reports (variance analysis, financial/quality, population specific reports).
* Sets priorities and goals in consultation with senior management. Provides leadership to staff, giving direction and guidance to managers and staff as appropriate.
* Directs, delegates and oversees work efforts as appropriate to insure the best possible delivery of service, quality outcomes, and high customer/patient satisfaction.
* Maintains 24 hour accountability and authority for decisions regarding patient care, unit operations and personnel management for designated unit(s).
* Promotes a satisfied and competent employee work environment through establishing a climate for growth and challenge, doing timely performance appraisals, providing development and mentoring of managers and staff.
* Directs and implements hiring, counseling, discipline and performance management of unit staff and management whom report to this position.
* Creates a climate that fosters compassionate care, innovation, cooperation, collaboration and teamwork. Functions as role model to staff, reinforcing principles of service orientation and ensuring that the focus is always on improving patient care.
* Implements change, demonstrating the ability to motivate employees and follow through to ensure change in behavior has actually occurred.
* Remains current and proficient with regulatory requirements for the provision of clinical services. Translates the requirements into operations to ensure compliance. Uses automated systems to access, transmit and produce information (i.e. databases, Teletracking, METHOD).
* Coordinates the provision of comprehensive, intradisciplinary patient care that results in clinical excellence, optimal outcomes and maximum patient and family satisfaction.
* Demonstrates Service Standards.
* Demonstrates components of I CARE values and complies with Business Practices standards for performance.
* Follows all safety rules on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Minimum 3 yrs in a clinical setting, minimum 2 years management experience.
* Master's degree required and degree in Nursing, Bachelors or Masters.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
* Texas RN license or temporary TX RN license, should obtain permanent license within 90 days. Compact license acceptable according to current Board of Nursing requirements.
* Magnet recognized certification within 6 months of eligibility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Knowledge of healthcare industry and functional discipline to be managed. Knowledge of management principles, processes and procedures. Skill in developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships as required in the operating environment.
* Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
* Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened in December 2000 to serve the comprehensive health care needs of the growing community in Northwest Houston. The 312 bed hospital has 17 operating rooms, and more than 1,900 employees. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has been named a Magnet recognized health care facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program and was ranked No. 8 in the Houston metro area and No. 19 in Texas by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital in 2016. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital is Northwest Houston's regional leader in robotic minimally-invasive surgeries and specializes in cardiology and cardiovascular services, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics and sports medicine, and comprehensive cancer services. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has a Breast Care Center, Cancer Center, Imaging Center, Infusion Center, Sleep Center, Surgical Weight Loss Center and operates the largest Childbirth Center in the greater Northwest Houston area. APPLY.