Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Global Reach. Local Results.
Ports America is proud to be the largest terminal operator and stevedore in the United States, operating in more than 42 ports and 80 locations.
We provide clients with a distinct competitive advantage, combining the flexibility of global connection with the efficiency of local expertise. We are dedicated to customer satsifaction, consistently delivering measurable results. And our commitment to safety in the workplace is second to none.
OPPORTUNITY: The Billing Specialist, is responsible for the accurate and timely entry, review, and distribution of customer invoices.
* Prepares customer invoices based on data submitted either electronically or manually from specified business units.
* Enters invoice data into the appropriate invoice database(s) timely and accurately, and completes other statistical reports, including tonnage and production reports.
* Verifies/reconciles all billing documents, works closely with operations staff and the billing supervisor to ensure accuracy and that all documents are complete.
Prepares accurate detailed invoices according to specifications within billing system(s), and distributes to customers and to Ports America staff according to schedule. * Ensures all billing is captured accurately prior to the month-end closing process.
* Maintains complete, comprehensive, and current billing files.
* Scans, duplicates, and files invoice backup information.
* Upon request, prepares invoice adjustments based on guidance from supervisor or senior billing specialists; subject to management approval
* Produces reports from the accounting systems according to schedule and upon request.
* If needed, reconciles payroll data as it relates to billing, ensuring accuracy and that all information is complete and accurate for billing.
* Assists in the calculation of accruals for all unbilled revenue during month-end closing process for billing supervisor review
* Completes all other tasks and projects as assigned.
Travel -- minimal
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience, Certifications):
High school diploma with undergraduate college credit, or equivalent work experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Demonstrated fluency in English
* Ability to consistently communicate effectively and professionally through email, verbally, and via phone to a variety of operation managers, support personnel, as well as other internal and external customers.
* Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (demonstrated competencies in linking spreadsheets, V lookup, pivot tables, complex formulas).
* Experience working with large ERP and/or proprietary billing systems.
* Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
* Able to provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers.
* Can function effectively in a team environment.
Ports America is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.