Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
We’re changing the world. Let us start with yours.
First Solar’s engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) team is looking for candidates who believe in our mission of providing cost-advantaged solar technology through innovation, customer engagement, industry leadership and operational excellence. Our team strives to design and safely build photovoltaic (PV) power and storage systems that we, and the communities they are located in, can be proud of for decades to come.
The EPC team is looking for individuals that want to be at the forefront of leading change in PV systems including our industry leading accomplishment of continuously reducing the cost of solar power through innovation in both systems design and safe execution. Ideal candidates will constantly challenge and change their own assumptions and ideas and, through collaboration, allow us to continually improve on our reliable designs and safe execution. In return, our team will provide a supportive, fast-paced work environment where our associates are encouraged to take ambiguous and uncertain problems and then generate and integrate new ideas to help design and build the PV systems to help us lead the world’s sustainable energy future.
Basic Job Functions:
Responsible for conducting performance analysis of PV power plants.
• At least one (1) year of experience with power generation or similar systems including systems analysis and troubleshooting
• Time spent doing root cause analysis, working with large data sets, visualizing data in a variety of graphical formats, identifying trends and outliers
• Practical knowledge of data mining techniques and basic statistical principles
• Hands on experience operating, maintaining, and repairing any physical system (electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, etc.)
• Four (4) year engineering degree, required
• Demonstrated analytical ability including ability to accurately describe the relationship between physical events and trends in measured data for systems of moderate to low complexity
• Ability to take direction, identify problems, develop solutions, conduct analysis independently and in collaboration with others
• Willingness to take responsibility for completion of projects to professional standards and a set schedule
• Proficiency with database query language such as SQL, required
• Proficiency with JMP, desirable
• Project execution training in PMI, Critical Chain or TOC, desirable
• Aptitude for good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of commitment to the team’s success
• Ability to learn technical principles and skills from team members
• Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects and tasks
• Documentation of analysis and ability to follow procedures and processes
• Ability to collaborate with regionally dispersed team members
• Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs
• Available to travel periodically to remote PV Plant and Owner/Customer locations in US and Canada, not to exceed 10%
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Use existing analytical tools to generate periodic internal and external performance reports with limited oversight
• Use existing analytical tools to generate ad-hoc reports with limited oversight
• Independently identifying performance problems or data anomalies from existing reports and using analysis methods, plant logs, and inquiries to explain and remedy the source of those problems with limited direction
• Investigate specific PV Plant performance questions and concerns with limited oversight
• Troubleshoot common problems with plant measurement equipment and remedy those problems by working with site technicians or traveling to the site to address the problem in person with limited direction
• Drive continuous improvements by identifying deficiencies in existing tools and methods
• Participate as a team member in testing new techniques for PV Plant and Fleet analysis with direction from team leaders
• Complete specific project efforts such as root cause investigations, software development efforts, or other projects with limited oversight
• With limited oversight, communicate efficiently and accurately with customers while conveying a sense of professionalism, courtesy, and competency
• Under leadership of contract manager, negotiate with customers over contract terms and testing/reporting requirements
• Other duties as assigned
• Job Description subject to change at any time
Office Physical Requirements:
All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers, internal and external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation. First Solar is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
Please note: potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EducationBachelor of Engineering (Required)
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.