Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Westfield Center, Ohio
BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer s future is at the heart of what we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has been a part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek opportunity and strive for innovation in a changing world.
CL Product Compliance Analyst Job Summary
* Annual Salary: $53,906 - $61,992 - $70,077
As part of the Commercial Product Delivery Unit, the CL Product Compliance Analyst contributes to the regulatory compliance of all Westfield commercial lines products through the preparation, submission and completion of form, rate and rule filings. The CL Product Compliance Analyst helps to establish and maintain positive relationships with state regulators on the company s behalf and to enhance staff knowledge through the clear communication of product changes.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Contributes to the regulatory compliance of all Westfield commercial lines products through the preparation, submission and completion of form, rate and rule filings.
2. Identifies necessary updates to policy forms, rates and rules by:
a. Monitoring incoming ISO, NCCI, AAIS, Bureau or other advisory organization bulletins or notices; and
b. Working with Product Delivery Analysts, Product Development Managers, Actuarial and other departments, as applicable, on development of or changes to Westfield proprietary forms, rates and rules.
3. Prepares and submits form, rate and rule filings to state departments of insurance via SERFF, including: transmittal forms, memorandums, supporting documentation and exhibits.
a. Monitors SERFF filing inquiries from state regulators and works with Product Delivery Analysts or Product Development Managers to prepare responses or modifications as needed.
b. Establishes and maintains positive relationships with state regulators.
c. Maintains internal tracking of form, rate and rule filings and associated expenses.
d. Utilizes industry tools to research current filing requirements in order to accommodate state-specific product requirements.
4. Assists with implementation of approved product changes.
a. Assesses required changes to systems.
b. Defines and documents required system changes for non-complex form, rate or rule changes, as assigned.
c. Assists Product Delivery Analyst(s) and/or Product Development Manager(s) with detailed product requirements for complex rate, rule or forms changes.
d. Engages and collaborates with the Information Technology (IT) Department to implement required changes.
e. Ensures that collaborating departments (e.g., IT, Actuarial, Education & Compliance, Statistical Reporting) are well informed of changes and are included in time lines.
5. Assists with the development of communication materials and procedures to introduce or update products and services.
a. Creates and sends communications to appropriate departments informing them of non-complex changes.
b. Assists Product Development Manager(s) with communications for more complex changes.
6. Collaborates with other departments to identify production issues and assists the Product Delivery Analyst(s) or Product Development Manager(s) with coordinating fixes.
7. Assists in maintenance and updates to Reference Connect including maintaining and managing version control for product materials, filings, and implementation materials.
8. Monitors and evaluates proposed regulatory changes relevant to company products and assists in developing appropriate responses.
9. Provides research assistance on various lines of business.
10. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 2+ years experience in the insurance industry (e.g. underwriting, compliance, product development).
2. Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
3. Prior experience performing research and analysis work.
4. Strong attention to detail, procedures, deadlines including the ability to deliver quality results.
5. Excellent time management and work prioritization skills, obtained via management of small to mid-sized projects.
6. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
7. Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
8. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
9. Mathematical, analytical, and problem resolution skills obtained via past work assignments.
10. Experience with SERFF and filing requirements, along with SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat.
11. CPCU designation or pursuit of other relevant professional designations preferred.
12. Bachelor s degree OR commensurate experience.
13. Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at westfieldinsurance.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.