Posted in Compliance 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chico, Texas
Chico, TX, US
UNIVERSAL PRESSURE PUMPING
Universal Pressure Pumping, Inc. a premier source for hydraulic fracturing, cementing, nitrogen and acidizing services for reservoir enhancement. Universal Pressure Pumping provides well services primarily in Texas and the Mid-Continent and Appalachian regions.
The Iron Inspector will be responsible for inspecting and ensuring that iron pipe and fittings are repaired, rebuilt, rethreaded, and meet all safety standards. The use of a forklift and company vehicle is common when transporting materials to and from the shop to stock bins and well sites.
This is a labor intensive job and requires working in sometimes extreme conditions.
This position will work under the direction of an Iron Inspections Supervisor.
* Keep track of the iron inventory, ensuring the required stock standards are maintained, and notify the operations manager and Iron Inspections Supervisor when inventory drops below the minimum requirement
* Check the iron parts to determine the level of repair required
* Perform routine troubleshooting and repair, including replacement, rebuilding and inspection of high pressure components
* Perform visual inspections, as well as ultrasonic, hydrostatic, and mag partial testing on high pressure flow lines
* Perform inspections on mounted equipment
* Properly document procedures and inspections
* Operate a forklift as needed
* May be assigned to deliver and/or retrieve iron to wellsite locations
* Periodically assist the divisional iron audit team with inspections
* Maintain an orderly, clean, and safe iron room work area
* Perform other related duties as assigned
* Understanding of and familiarity with the rules/regulations regarding safe operation and maintenance of assigned equipment
* Ability to perform under extreme climate and work conditions
* Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently when required
* Ability to understand and follow instructions
* High school diploma or GED certificate
* Ability to meet the minimum physical requirement in the work step evaluation, and pass pre-employment drug screen
* Must be willing and available to travel to other work locations as needed
* Must have a valid driver s license, a satisfactory driving record for the past 3 years, with no DWI convictions within the past 5 years, and no current DWI charges
* Inspection work experience
* Multi-tasking skills and being detail-oriented highly preferred.
* Forklift experience preferred
Employee must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others, including coworkers and third parties, including wearing any required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all designated times. This position requires the employee to work outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather conditions typical of the area where the job is located, including dust, humidity, sleet, snow, rain, mud, cold, heat, wind, and other inclement weather. Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying outdoor conditions, including environmental chemicals, gases, noise, dampness, fumes, radiation and heights. Employee must be able to work closely with others in the confined area of the job, in a fast-paced team environment, and work independently when required or directed, taking initiative when necessary. Employee must be willing to work a possible 24-hour shift that can include days or nights, as well as weekends and holidays, and must stay alert and focused during the shift while performing repetitive and routine activities. Employee must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals, to make job related calculations; basic computer skills are necessary. Employee must demonstrate clear communication skills including ability to read, write and speak English, and to promptly follow verbal and written directions in English. This position requires bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, and crawling on uneven surfaces, and climbing equipment ladders or stairs throughout the work shift.
How To Apply
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.