Posted in Compliance 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Salisbury, Maryland
TRADE COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
North America, USA, Maryland, Salisbury
Position is open to Salisbury, MD OR Kansas City, KS - preference for location will be confirmed if selected for interview. Local candidates for either location preferred.
* Manage Smiths Interconnect Americas, Inc. s ( SIA s ) international trade compliance program and activities in the Americas.
* Implement Smiths Group trade compliance policies and procedures at SIA in the Americas, and coordinate Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect, and SIA international trade compliance goals and activities with relevant Group, divisional, and SIA personnel.
* Monitor, measure and report on SIA s adherence to applicable local and foreign laws, regulations and procedures in the conduct of the company s trade activity in the Americas.
* Conduct regular internal periodic assessments of SIA activities in regard to trade compliance in the Americas.
* Provide direction to SIA on complying with local and foreign requirements applicable to its trade activity in the Americas.
* Provide direction to SIA on the development and implementation of trade strategies in the Americas.
* Help coordinate and guide SIA in the event of an investigation of the business relating to trade compliance in the Americas.
* Monitor changes to laws, regulations, and requirements in the Americas with a view of understanding and advising SIA on the potential impact.
Duties and Responsibilites
* Serve as a subject matter expert providing clear compliance advice on international trade activity matters in the Americas.
* Engage and work with Smiths Group Legal team and external consultants, when necessary, to provide same advice.
* Manage SIA s trade compliance activities in the Americas, including product classification, export licensing, import permitting and customs clearing, restricted party screening, recordkeeping, self-assessment, and any other such activities.
* Conduct regular internal assessments of SIA s same activities, and track completion of corrective measures, if any.
* Provide or otherwise support training and education on trade compliance related matters in the Americas.
* Develop and support the Smiths Interconnect division s other Trade Compliance Officers to ensure the effectiveness of Smiths Interconnect s international trade compliance program in the Americas.
* Collaborate with Smiths Group Legal team on SIA-related investigations of potential non-compliance in the Americas and in other jurisdictions as required.
* Support Smiths Group and Smiths Interconnect trade compliance projects as required.
* Serve as a main point of contact for SIA s international trade compliance program as it relates to the Americas.
* Drive SIA s trade compliance goals and objectives in the Americas in coordination with Smiths Interconnect and Smiths Group business leaders and trade compliance function personnel.
* Report status of SIA s compliance activities in the Americas to Smiths Interconnect and Smiths Group senior management.
* Other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience
* Requires minimum of an Associate s level degree or Bachelor s degree (or equivalent). A Graduate level degree is a plus.
* Language: Must be able to speak, read and write proficiently in English. Second language skills in Spanish a plus.
* A minimum of 5 years of employment experience with trade compliance responsibilities with a company with international operations.
* 3-5 years recent experience in managing global international trade issues within a complex global supply chain environment.
* Experience in developing and deploying compliance policies, processes and procedures.
* Well-developed skills in project program definition and management.
* ERP and manufacturing systems literate.
* Experience with export and import controls, economic sanctions, anti-bribery/anti-corruption and other trade laws, regulations and requirements administered by the United States.
* Experience with export and import controls, economic sanctions, anti-bribery/anti-corruption, and other trade laws, regulations and requirements applicable in the United States that are administered by jurisdictions outside of the country, particularly by the European Union.
* Experience conducting compliance audits and drafting reports.
* Experience assisting with internal investigations of potential non-compliance.
* Experience in developing and delivering training programs.
* Skilled multi-tasker.
* Person of integrity and trustworthy.
* Good sense of humor.
* Results oriented.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Works well with others / team player.
* Good listener and issue-spotter.
* Thorough understanding and appreciation of ethics-related compliance matters.
* Able to comprehend and solve complex practical problems.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to understand and follow written and oral instruction.
* Skilled at working effectively under deadline pressures.
* Strategic thinker and planner.
* Self-aware with excellent judgement.
* Curious and proactive.
* Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees, customers and vendors.
* Open to receiving advice and instruction and acting upon it.
* Able to travel domestically, as well as internationally as required.
Travel Requirements: Up to 25 percent travel mainly within the United States and Mexico may be required. About Us
Smiths Interconnect provides high-speed, secure connectivity solutions that can perform at extremes of pressure and temperature. Our microwave technology is used to keep military radar systems online while our antenna solutions are installed across aircraft and space applications to enhance communications. Innovative cable solutions increase signaling functionality in autonomous transport systems and augmented reality and surgical robotics are made possible with connectors that increase bandwidth and data rates. Customers rely on Smiths Interconnect for mission-critical connectivity in the harshest environments.
Our blue-chip customers include Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, Huawei, NVIDIA and Biosense Webster.
One of five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 1800 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.
It is the policy of Smiths Interconnect to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, Smiths Interconnect will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.