Fast-growing Food Distribution company is looking for Warehouse Order Selectors. Hourly rate is from $16.9625 - $20.1431.
$1000 Sign On Bonus for order selectors with at least one year's experience!!
On a daily basis, this individual will be responsible for working in a professional team environment and performing various duties that will include:
- Accurately, safely and efficiently select merchandise from shelves and other storage areas using electric pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Demonstrates general knowledge of packaging and product -- including ability to identify and build pallets with dry, chill and frozen items.
- Applies labels accurately with right placement and right product to ensure outbound product is properly stacked, sequenced and securely wrapped.
- Demonstrates ability to operate voice selection system, WMS/ERP and related hardware devices in accordance with specific job functions.
- Practices proper body mechanics and Accident Prevention Program (APP) protocols
- Demonstrates knowledge and abides by federal and state regulations as it pertains to HAZMAT, OSHA and food safety requirements.
- Operate all working equipment safely and efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous distribution center or food service experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English as it relates to the job and safety regulations is required.
- Ability to support a team environment by meeting attendance expectations with consistency and punctuality is required.
- Ability to meet productivity standards in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical abilities test is required.
- Frequently stand/walk during selection activities during shift.
- Frequently bend and twist retrieving items from floor or lower shelf areas.
- Frequent lifting using both hands/arms, frequent weights up to 30 lbs., occasionally up to 50 lbs., rarely up to 75 lbs.
- Frequently use both hands and arms: reaching, grasping, and carrying up to 140-180 cases per hour per shift.
- Frequent reaching up to 72”.
- Visual and hearing abilities required as it relates to the job and safety regulations.
- Frequently climbing on and off pallet jacks and/or forklifts, while safely operating a pallet jack and/or forklift, requires stepping on and off 10” platform.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.