Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Austin, Texas
In the US alone, there are an estimated 47.8 million illnesses, over 127,000 hospitalizations and 3,000-plus deaths attributed to foodborne illness each year. Traditional means for microbial detection can no longer match the pace of today s food processing and global distribution networks. Emerging rapid sensor and detection platforms can provide the timely and actionable information needed to lessen the human and economic burdens levied by foodborne disease.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Director of Operations to organize and oversee the daily operations of our Food Safety organization in multiple countries. You will be the one to ensure that our business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching its people. The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes. Responsibilities include improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. You will manage a team of managers, and other direct reports. You must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the operations of our business. The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the company s operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success. The position has responsibility for leadership of all operating sites through direct interface with site management and the head of Food Finance . The Senior Director Operations will work in concert with VP and General Manager to take advantage of group and individual company strengths while providing the necessary managerial support to achieve quarterly and annual budgets as well as the company s strategic plan. A sense of urgency and willingness to make prompt informed decisions is critical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with VP and General Manager to establish goals, strategic plans and budgets to achieve strong double digit organic growth of revenue and operating profit.
- Hire, supervise, evaluate, motivate and train Site Managers, Quality Leaders, and Regulatory Affairs.
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Administer and actively participate in monthly management meetings ensuring needed decisions are identified and implemented in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with Director of Research and Development to help identify new product opportunities and product improvements to ensure company leadership.
- Work closely with Food Financial lead on financial reporting, management accounting programs and capital asset decisions.
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors assuming various roles regarding review and approval of external operating contracts and agreements.
- Chalking out or improve operational systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being
- Purchase materials, plan inventory and ensure warehouse efficiency
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPI s
- On a regular basis, attend industry trade shows and accompany managers on customer visits to maintain awareness and understanding of general industry trends.
- Work closely with VP and General Manager and corporate development to help identify acquisitions and participate in due diligence as requested.
- Provide enthusiastic leadership for strong work ethic when interacting with PerkinElmer employees and business partners.
Competencies:To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to demonstrate the following:
Knowledge - of industry s legal rules and guidelines. An in-depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
Analytical Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Business Acumen Demonstrates knowledge of and analyzes markets and competition.
Cost Consciousness Works with approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
Ethics Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values; maintains confidentiality.
Judgment Includes appropriate people in decision making process; asks for and offers help when needed.
Planning/Organizing Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meaningful experience with sales and marketing groups with revenues in excess of $100 million.
- Understanding of agricultural production both plants and animals helpful.
- Understanding of food processing and distribution helpful.
- Basic knowledge of biotechnology and genomics helpful.
- Prior experience with shareholder and market analysts helpful. Management experience with public company critical.
- Experience with high tech biotechnology related manufacturing helpful.
- Knowledge of international business management preferred
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in a related field; Minimum five years experience as part of senior management team of a company (division) with at least 300 employees
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before employees or groups in the organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer? is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.