Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hercules, California
# of Openings
Bio-Rad is seeking a leader in Process Automation who will be able to help define and implement our global automation strategy within our Manufacturing Organization. Reporting to the Manager of Business Process Innovation, this individual will have extensive knowledge and experience in automating manufacturing and distribution operations for biochemical and Instrument manufacturing in order to drive efficiencies, increase product quality and reduce errors.
* Define, plan and coordinate the deployment of manufacturing and distribution automation.
* Conceptualize how existing automation solutions can be implemented in diverse applications.
* Understand pain points from operations and translate those into practical and time-sensitive, effective solutions.
* Develop GMP/FDA controls documentation for internal projects as well as review/approve vendor supplied documentation (User Requirements, Functional Specifications, Software Design Specifications, and Software Test Plans).
* Hold design reviews when necessary to reach decisions on design alternatives or buy-in on a single design approach; create both conceptual and detailed designs for review.
* Participate in high level strategy discussions in order to drive overall automation technologies and methodologies.
* 4 year degree in mechanical, mechatronics, robotics or related field.
* 5+ years experience specifying, designing and/or qualifying automated manufacturing and distribution lines and robotic applications.
* Demonstrated expertise deploying medium/high complexity automation programs that are fully integrated with data acquisition systems, including network integration.
* Individual should be able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
* Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining quality and meeting deadlines.
* The ideal candidate will have previous experience in one or more of the following areas:
* Lean Manufacturing, Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design of Experiments (DOE), Process Control Concepts, Software Validation, Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
* Excellent communicator, verbal and written, with fluency in English.
* Some international and domestic travel is expected.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.