Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Santa Clara, California
MKS Instruments, Inc. is the parent company of Newport Corporation , Spectra-Physics and Ophir , leaders in photonics, optics, lasers and motion/vibration control. MKS is a worldwide leader in technology solutions for thin film, process and industrial manufacturing, environmental monitoring, defense and security, life sciences and research.
Spectra-Physics is looking for a Laser Technicians that is knowledgeable of Solid State Laser systems. This position includes testing lasers in manufacturing and the ability to adjust the laser and optical components for optimum laser performance. In addition to troubleshooting problems, evaluating and determining corrections and implementing corrections on laser systems.
* Minimum 3-4 years of laser manufacturing experience and associate s degree in Laser Technology
* Experience handling, inspecting and cleaning of optical components * Good understanding of laser theory and optical alignment experience
* Understanding and working with Beam Scanner, Powermeter, Spectrum Analyzer, IR Viewer, Oscilloscope, M2 boxes and Photop beam profile
* Optical and diode fiber handling experience is required
* Excellent workmanship and attention to detail
* Good manual dexterity * Knowledge of SAP or other MRP system
* The ability to read, write and comprehend English
* The ability to assist others and work in a team oriented environment
* Intermediate MS Office Skills
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
For positions requiring access to export-controlled technical data, or that are located at facilities where export-controlled technical data is present, MKS Instruments, Inc., may have to obtain an export license from the U.S. government. As such, applicants for this position except U.S. Citizens, U.S. Permanent Residents, and protected persons as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) may be subject to an export license review process. Employment is contingent upon issuance of the license.