Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bangor, Maine
OVERVIEWHarris Local Government (HLG) is one of the largest divisions within the Harris Computer organization. 150 employees, 15 product lines and 6 offices across the east coast; HLG is committed to building a culture of doers who have a passion for delivering solutions to our clients.
We are currently seeking a .NET Developer to join our team in Bangor, ME!
WHAT WILL BE YOUR IMPACT?
* Analyze business requirements; identify product impact and possible implementation options, and recommend the solution that best suits the needs of the customers and HLG.
* Create and maintain application code that meets design specifications, follows HLG standards, and is easy to maintain.
* Perform code review for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the requirements.
* Provide Level 3 support of our applications.
* Ability to estimate work as requested.
* Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently complete assigned development tasks in required timeframes.
* Fulfill administrative reporting requirements.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related discipline
* 5+ years of C# programming experience
* Demonstrated understanding of OOP and programming best practices
* Experience with software requirements specifications, and strong interpretative skills to understand design requirements
* Experience developing software in a team environment.
* Great communication skills, both verbal and written, that includes ability to communicate with internal and external people as changes occur in tasks assigned
* Customer-service orientation
* Able to work independently as well as part of a team
* Microsoft SQL Server experience
* Minimal travel required.
WHAT WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE?
* Experience with unit/integration/automation testing
* Agile practices knowledge
* Knowledge of municipal operations, billing or financial systems
* Experience with Git
* Web programming experience
WHAT WE OFFER?
* Harris offers excellent fringe benefits including a generous vacation policy and health, dental, life and disability insurance.
* Salary will be commensurate with experience and job responsibilities.
HARRIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE CONSIDER APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, ETHNICITY, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION, CITIZENSHIP STATUS, OR MEMBERSHIP IN ANY OTHER GROUP PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (1)-613-226-5611 or at HarrisTalentAcquisition@harriscomputer.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.