Posted in General Business 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Farmington, Connecticut
For nearly 80 years, Segal has been providing employee benefits, retirement plan investment advisory and human resources consulting for multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. Segal is an independent, privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients. Headquartered in New York City, Segal has offices throughout the United States and in Canada. We are a smaller organization that provides a more intense and broader exposure for development purposes within a culture that is highly collegial and team-oriented. You will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, talented and...nice people. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes a defined benefit and matching 401(k) retirement plans.
The individual will step into a multi-faceted role that includes:
· The opportunity to have a significant and positive impact on the continued growth of the business in the geographic area centered in Hartford, Connecticut and all of New England.
· An expectation that the consultant will develop into a key contributor within all of our markets.
· Client management, project management and new business development.
· Collaborating closely with Senior Consultants and with technical practices to deliver consulting services and to develop and implement strategic and innovative plans to market and sell our full-range of consulting services to clients and prospects.
· Mentor and be mentored by Senior Consultants and Client Relationship Managers in new business development and marketing opportunities, including networking, preparation of proposals, presentations and meetings.
The role includes secondary relationship accountability for clients, servicing clients and client satisfaction. A key part of the role also includes:
· Maximizing the profitability of client relationships, through both account management of current assignments, on behalf of the Firm, as well as expanding our relationship, e.g. cross selling other services of the Segal Group.
· Collaborating with others at Segal to: build and maintain effective and influential relationships within the client organization; develop and implement strategies to provide high quality, creative and integrated consulting services to clients; lead and/or participate in new business development initiatives targeting existing and prospective clients organizations; provide a high level of creative, innovative, technical expertise to colleagues and clients around the myriad of issues and emerging developments in the industry.
· A minimum of an undergraduate degree.
· A minimum of 6 years of experience within an employee benefits consulting and/or related professional services or corporate environment involving significant exposure to benefit plan strategies, concepts/approaches, design and implementation.
· The ability to immediately step into a direct client contact role.
· Strong business acumen and leadership ability.
· Demonstrated success as a relationship builder/collaborator.
· Effective interpersonal and communication (oral/written) skills; prepares clear, concise reports and proposals that require little editing; can write and deliver effective reports and presentations on routine and complex subjects; able to provide non-technical explanations of technical matters.
· Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse audience of colleagues and clients (in multiple Segal offices); and ability to travel, as needed, to meet with clients and prospects throughout the Region.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and identify problems and develop solutions in routine and complex situations.
· Is regarded by colleagues and clients as a knowledgeable and trusted advisor.
· Able to scope and plan resource requirements and manage project performance within budget, quality and timing guidelines.
Affirmative Action/Diversity Inclusion at Segal:
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
Job Offer Disclaimer:
Be alert to scams involving offers of a job using our Company name. Please know that Segal does not extend an offer of employment unless you have interviewed in-person, at one of our offices, with authorized, current employees of the company and deemed qualified for the position. Further, offers of employment are extended only by an authorized, current Segal employee whom you will already know resulting from the interview process. Please feel free to contact your Human Resources Business Partner if you have any questions.