Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Leandro, California
The Assistant Center Manager is responsible for managing the day to day operations of UPS Freight Service Centers. He/She analyzes operational data to understand productivity, service, and quality targets. This position collaborates with the service center management team to develop action plans and improve service level results. The Assistant Center Manager collaborates with Service Center Managers and Sales Representatives to understand customer requirements and expectations and provide operational expertise. He/She manages supervisors within the department.
This position reviews the projected performance plan to verify the correct number of drivers and routes are allocated. The Assistant Center Manager works with Labor and Human Resources Managers to select candidates for open positions, address performance issues, and facilitate promotion decisions. He/She communicates updated corporate policies and service center work rules to ensure employees are aware and understand established processes.
* Receives employee customer messages to respond to shipment inquires (e.g., damaged freight, rate quotes, etc.).
* Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Quality Performance Review [QPR], Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures.
* Compares planned versus actual performance reports to identify best practices, root causes for service failures, and operational adjustments.
* Conducts meetings with Employee Relations Index committee members to discuss survey results and develop action plans.
* Designs audit checklists to outline the business processes that are reviewed during business process reviews (BPR) and regulatory compliance reviews (RCR).
* Change Management: Demonstrates a general understanding of the need for change; Understands where gaps exist between current and desired states; determines behaviors that align with or detract from change objectives.
* Ground Transportation Knowledge: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of processes, procedures and methods for ground transportation operations, including outside carriers and outsourced networks; demonstrates a broad knowledge of tools, equipment and technology used in ground transportation operations; identifies root causes of recurring issues within ground transportation.
* Health and Safety Knowledge: Demonstrates a working knowledge of injury and crash prevention techniques; demonstrates a working knowledge of job methods; identifies root causes of injuries/auto crashes and recommends appropriate prevention activities; identifies and corrects unsafe work practices and conditions.
* Hub Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of processes, procedures and methods for hub operations; demonstrates a broad knowledge of tools, equipment and technology used in hub operations; identifies root causes of recurring issues within hub operations; describes the general structure of hub operations.
* Incident Investigation: Applies established procedures for responding to incidents; determines and documents information pertinent to incidents; communicates resolutions or results to stakeholders.
* Labor Relations Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of labor contract provisions; identifies typical root causes of employee issues; resolves routine labor issues; recommends changes that enhance labor relations.
* Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Applies knowledge of agencies' functions and regulations to compliance and enforcement activities; identifies routine situations where the organization may be out of compliance as well as the specific impacts of non-compliance.
* Solicits and Gathers Information: Demonstrates a general knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information.
* Technology Knowledge: Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment.
* Bachelor's Degree - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.