Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Leandro, California
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery , Otis Spunkmeyer , and Oakrun Farm Bakery . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 26 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
* Warehouse Supervisor (Exempt)
* Warehouse and Distribution
* Manufacturing Manager
This job description should not be viewed as an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities related to your position. Your position will necessitate performing duties and tasks that are not outlined herein. ARYZTA makes no guarantees as to the nature and scope of the work performed by this position and retains the right to change an employee s position or job description at any time.
The Warehouse Supervisor manages, supervises, and coordinates the activities of workers concerned with warehouse operations including: shipping, receiving, storing and maintaining inventories, warehouse supplies, equipment and parts, and packaging products by performing the following duties through subordinates. This position ensures customer satisfaction and company profitability through the efficient and timely delivery of customer orders which includes carrier selection, route planning, consolidation, and delivery of orders. Manages day to day relationships with outside 3rd party warehouses ensuring inventory control and service to customers is at level commensurate with company standards.
* Coordinates all warehouse activities with other plant departments, such as Production, Maintenance, Quality Control, Human Resources, Sales and Customer Service.
* Ensures adherence to the daily production and packing schedule.
* Monitors the unloading of all materials into the Receiving areas; Ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; Ensures receiving reports accurately report material received.
* Manages the finish goods inventory to reduce adjustments for spoilage and damage.
* Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure deadlines are met.
* Develops, recommends, and implements changes in working conditions and use of equipment to improve packing methods.
* Completes duties and ensures that subordinates complete their duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), safety, and other company programs and procedures, and in accordance with government codes and regulations.
* Manages finished goods inventory system at a high level of accuracy. Using warehouse management software, manages the location of inventory to ensure proper stock rotation, smooth order picking, and staging activities.
* Manages receipt and flow of raw materials within plant to support company quality control standards and plant production requirements.
* Coordinates and manages finished goods movement and storage in outside 3rd party warehouses.
* Develops and implements plans for facility modification or expansion, such as equipment purchases or changes in space allocation and warehouse design.
* Reviews invoices, work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and issue work assignments.
* Resolves discrepancies with Accounting regarding invoices, packing slips and receiver reports. Monitors the flow of paperwork from Receiving to Inventory Control for timely data entry.
* Oversees the movement of material from Receiving to Inventory Control for timely data entry.
* Establishes standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, shipping, or salvaging products or materials.
* Interviews, selects, and trains warehouse and supervisory personnel.
* Ensures all transportation decisions support customer satisfaction and profitability objectives.
* Develops and analyzes Warehouse and Transportation and Packaging KPI s (Key Performance Indicators), reports, develops and recommends solutions to insure plant objectives are achieved.
* Assists Plant Manager, Sales Managers and Corporate Management to support all business and sales objectives.
* Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow.
* Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards. Ensures compliance with quality assurance, GMPs safety and other company programs and procedures.
* Insures warehouse facility is organized and maintained at a high level of sanitation in conjunction with cleanliness and an organized work area.
* Hires, trains, counsels, motivates and develops warehouse staff applying company s policies, procedures and people philosophy.
* Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
* Maintains harmony among workers. Resolves worker issues or submits unsettled issues to Human Resources Department for action.
* Participates as an active member of management team.
* Knowledgeable of regulatory requirements in frozen distribution environment.
* 3-5 years progressively more responsible warehouse experience including leadership experience.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
* Computer literacy to include all Microsoft office products.
* Proficient in SAP preferred.
* Supervisory and interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
4 year degree from college or technical school; and / or three to five years experience in Warehousing, Receiving, Inventory Control or Materials Management in a manufacturing environment with two years supervisory experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
Project Management - Completes projects on time and on budget.
Technical Skills - Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Meets commitments.
Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming others; remains open to others' ideas and tries new ideas; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings.
Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; provides recognition for results.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; inspires respect and trust; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
ARYZTA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE)