Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Redwood City, California
*This is a remote position. Candidates can be located nationwide.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Retail Experts
Reports To: Sr Director, Client Solutions Support
The Senior Manager, Retail Experts will build and lead a team of retail solution experts, driving revenue growth and solution expertise for the largest and most complex dealer group clients of Cox Automotive, leveraging the EDP strategic account framework and Challenger skills. The team works in conjunction with Enterprise Dealer Partnership (EDP) Account Directors and Client Solution Strategists during account planning and the sales process by providing deep expertise in connected Cox Automotive solutions, including propositions like Used Car Optimization, Connection Retail, and Fixed Ops Efficiency, as well as within more traditional functional areas, and deploys these resources in a way that helps bring to life EDP strategic account management. The Senior Manager, Retail Experts will be responsible for effectively coaching, managing and leading a team to consistently exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual new sales and retention quotas across a specific book of business. The Senior Manager, Retail Experts will lead team members from Cox Automotive subsidiaries including, but not limited to VinSolutions, vAuto, RTS, HomeNet, DealerTrack DMS, and DealerTrack F&I. This role reports directly to the Senior Director of Client Solutions Support with EDP.
This role has the following responsibilities:
* Accountable for financial performance of a specific team of Experts, delivering a monthly/quarterly forecast and exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual new business, revenue growth, retention, and product penetration targets across all Cox Automotive products and solutions.
* Build strategic plans to drive product penetration and revenue growth across an assigned book of business.
* Provide annual, quarterly and monthly updates on the financial and strategic performance of the team; track and report on team effectiveness and performance to senior executive leadership.
* Influence and partner across Cox Automotive with teams including, but not limited to Retail Field Sales, Performance Management, Product, Billing, Legal and other departments to deliver upon client and team needs.
* Partner with Sales Leaders within EDP to develop the governance & resource allocation model for the deployment of Experts, bringing to life the EDP strategic account management model leveraging Challenger skills.
* Help reinforce the EDP client engagement model.
* Develop performance standards for people leaders and client facing team members, coaching and managing performance to meet or exceed that standard.
* Lead team members to exceed sales targets and build client strategies.
* Remain informed of competitive offerings targeted at dealer clients and the positioning of Cox Automotive, Inc. in the marketplace.
* Lead change across the Enterprise Dealer Partnership organization and across Cox Automotive.
* Continuous learning and training to stay up to speed on the latest industry trends and product innovations with a capability to translate these learnings into effective client conversations delivering value for the client and Cox Automotive.
This individual will have:
* A track record of successfully coaching, managing and leading a team of highly seasoned client facing team members to achieve targets and deliver an exceptional client experience.
* Direct engagement and a deep knowledge of standard sales methodologies, business development, team effectiveness, relationship building and leadership skills.
* Deep understanding of client or product marketing, value proposition development and insights selling.
* Expertise on operationalizing sales resources; deployment of assets and resources based on client and sales organization needs.
* Exceptional understanding of the Cox Automotive product offerings and integration points between our various products to deliver connected client solutions.
* Passion for and exceptional understanding of the automotive industry and ecosystem.
* Advanced understanding of industry trends and market opportunities around new products, solutions and architectures.
* Solid understanding of the Client Engagement Model, including strategic account management and Challenger skills.
* Bachelor s Degree required in Business, Sales, Marketing, or like discipline; MBA or advanced degree preferred
* 8 or more years direct experience in sales, sales effectiveness, sale consulting or sales management is preferred
* 3 or more years of management in a people-leader capacity
* Deep knowledge of the automotive market and how Cox Auto provides service to the market is required
* Proven experience in partnering with sales executives to mutually plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles is required
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong ability to build internal and external relationships
* Demonstrated ability to lead conversations at the most senior levels with strong executive presence
* Demonstrated ability to be successful within a fast pace, highly matrixed environment
* Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to inspire others to follow
* 50% travel requirement
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader , Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , VinSolutions , vAuto and Xtime , are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
OTHER LOCATIONS: 128 Lakeside,US,VT,Burlington,05401|1102 Grand Blvd,US,MO,Kansas City,64106|1525 Hendry St,US,FL,Fort Myers,33901|18 W 140 Butterfield Rd,US,IL,Oakbrook Terrace,60181|205 N Michigan Ave,US,IL,Chicago,60601|195 Technology Dr,US,CA,Irvine,92618|1001 Marshall St,US,CA,Redwood City,94063|353 Sacramento St,US,CA,San Francisco,94111-3603|1104 Highland Ave,US,CA,Manhattan Beach,90266|Los Angeles Remote,US,CA,,91341|699 Boylston St,US,MA,Boston,02116|39500 High Pointe Blvd,US,MI,Novi,48375|3331 W Big Beaver Rd,US,MI,Troy,48084-2809|505 Thornall St,US,NJ,Edison,08837|3400 New Hyde Park Rd,US,NY,North Hills,11040|5700 Broadmoor St,US,KS,Mission,66202|1601 Market St,US,PA,Philadelphia,19103|13737 Noel Rd,US,TX,Dallas,75240|1 Howard St,US,VT,Burlington,05401
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Manager/Senior Manager
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 50 % of