Posted in Other 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Alexandria, Louisiana
Job Code: 02348-10705
Days (rotating weekends)
RAPIDES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER ALEXANDRIA, LA
THINKING OF RELOCATING TO PEACEFUL ALEXANDRIA, LA* CHECK OUT ALL THERE IS TO DO:
ABOUT RAPIDES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Founded in 1903 at the corner of Second and Lee streets in Alexandria, Louisiana, Rapides Regional Medical Center represents a proud heritage of compassionate healthcare services coupled with the most advanced technology of the day.
With a continued emphasis on progressive care, Rapides Regional Medical Center has grown to meet the continually changing needs of our patients and the rapidly advancing technology of modern healthcare. Located in downtown Alexandria and easily accessible from Interstate 49, the hospital is licensed for 328 beds and fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
RAPIDES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER IS CURRENTLY HIRING A SOCIAL WORKER
The Social Worker will evaluate the psychosocial needs of patients and family support systems and will coordinate appropriate discharge plans for identified patient populations. The Social Worker acts as a liaison between the facility and resources external to the organization. He/she will facilitate implementing timely discharge plans and facilitate follow-up to anticipated post-acute interventions identified in the plan of care. The Social Worker will provide crisis intervention and support. The Social Worker will assist the Case Manager in facilitating patient movement across the continuum of care and will identify and track barriers to patient throughput.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
* Performs a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial needs of assigned patients; Involves patient, family/responsible/significant others, develops, implements, monitors and revises plan of care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
* Assesses patients discharge needs and facilitates the provision of services necessary to meet identified needs; performs home health referrals, intermediate care and skilled nursing facility referrals, assist patients with medication acquisition, facilitates follow up appointments, arranges public transportation, etc.
* Evaluates suspected abuse and neglect referrals; makes official reports to state and regulatory or legal agencies as required by statue or facility policy
* Participates in the interdisciplinary care planning for recurring patients to include education related to accessing healthcare services at the appropriate level of care; preventative education, and community based resources, provides assistance with access to medication assistance programs
* Provides education to the under-resourced patient/family of potential and available resources; identifies needs, coordinates the development of realistic plans which include patient/family centered goals, facilitates implementing plan, and performs follow-up evaluation
* In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, develops, implements, evaluates, revises as needed, a discharge plan to include identified psychosocial and discharge needs
* Documents professional recommendations, care coordination interventions, and case management activities to effectively communicate to all members of the health care team
* Participates with the interdisciplinary team to ensure psychosocial and discharge needs are addressed; plan, interventions and patient/family/MD concurrence will be documented
* Acts as a liaison through effective and professional communications between and with physicians, patient / family, hospital staff, and outside agencies
* Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements, HCA Ethics and Compliance policies, and quality initiatives; monitors self-compliance and implements process changes to ensure compliance to such regulations and quality initiatives as it relates to the provision of Case Management Services
* Makes appropriate referrals, after collaboration with the Case Manager, to third party payer disease and case management programs for recurring patients and patients with chronic disease states
* Facilitates patient throughput with an ongoing focus on quality outcomes and an efficient transition between levels of care
* Provides psychosocial support to patients and families through crises intervention
* Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered
* Acts as an advocate for identified needs and makes appropriate referrals; abuse and neglect, substance abuse/overdose, homelessness, post-partum patients less than 17 years of age, fetal demise, mother-baby bonding, adoptions, guardianship, etc.
* Acts as a liaison between the facility and community resources to enhance community outreach coordination; establishes and maintains resource database, educates peers and patients on resources, performs community outreach as directed
* Adheres to established policy and procedure and standard of care; escalates issues through the Chain of Command
* Competency in use of computer/laptop, telephone, calculator, fax, copy machine and cell phone
* Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships.
* Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats.
* Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills
* Master s Degree in Social Work
* Licensed to practice in the State of Louisiana
* Experience in healthcare setting preferred
* Behavior demonstrates understanding and adherence to Rapides Regional Medical Center s values which are:
* Works with an attitude of SERVICE
* Promotes TEAMWORK within the department and the organization
* Exhibits ACCOUNTABILITY and responsibility in the performance of the job
* Exhibits RESPECT to self and others
* Demonstrates an attitude of SAFETY in all tasks, job duties and responsibilities
* Performance Improvement/CQI Principles are consistently demonstrated in the performance of assigned duties.
* Attendance records reflect a punctual, dependable and responsible employee.
* Demonstrates adherence to the principles of safety and infection control.
* Appropriately handles all information including confidential information.
Last Edited: 11/09/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.