Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
The Storeroom Clerk is responsible for efficient receiving and distribution of hotel s food and beverage goods and services and to assist in receiving and distributing of guests goods. He/she is also responsible for assisting with Food & Beverage controls through turnover, inventories and maintaining par stock levels in accordance with hotel business levels.
* Receive food and beverage items in a manner prescribed by the Food & Beverage operations of each hotel as it relates to proper rotation, stocking, pricing, and storage.
* Ensure proper operation of freezers, refrigerators, and walk-in coolers and notify management of any equipment repairs needed.
* Issue food and beverage goods by following the proper issuing procedures prescribed by Highgate Hotel policies and procedures, which include recording, pricing, rotation, and delivery to authorized requesting employees.
* Maintain food and beverage par levels for all items as required by management.
* Maintain good record keeping of all items received and issued to minimize any storeroom variances, in accordance with established Food & Beverage procedures. Use computer equipment to record all transactions.
* Assist Food & Beverage inventories as required by management.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* Basic understanding of food and beverage preferred.
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.