Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Morton, Illinois
PROJECT ENGINEER ASSOCIATE
* Morton, IL, USA
Morton Buildings, Inc. is the Industry leader in post-frame construction. We have been in business for more than 110 years and have six manufacturing plants servicing 106 construction centers Nationwide. Per year, across America, more than 3,500 new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
The Project Engineer reports to the Project Engineering Manager and works under the direct supervision and responsible charge of Morton Buildings architectural and engineering consulting firm and its design professionals. The Project Engineer will perform structural engineering building design, code compliance and develop building construction documentation to be presented to the design professionals. The Project Engineer is engaged early in the design process and collaborate with the drafting technicians, certifying engineers and architects and other relevant professionals to provide technical guidance to the drafters and manage the delivery commitments to the sales group.
* Utilize and employ structural engineering standards, techniques and methods for the design of commercial, industrial, institutional, residential and agricultural building projects.
* Engage with sales consultants, project managers, drafting technicians and design professionals to review contract requirements and to create and develop construction documentation in accordance with industry standards, state and local building codes, ordinances and other applicable standards.
* Engineering project management to ensure timely delivery of certified plans. Which includes the following:
1. Assist Sales Order Review team with technical inquiries and code compliance issues.
2. Provide guidance to drafting technicians for certified drawing presentation and technical inquiries.
3. Coordinate with sales consultants via a formal RFI process on items such as: code compliance, missing information, and any items affecting the structural integrity of the building.
4. Manage and coordinate project priority, target dates and ship dates with the Project Engineering Manager and the project team (sales consultant, crew schedulers, project managers and design professionals).
5. Communicate with project team on project status and estimated completion dates.
* Coordinate with any Morton Buildings sub consultants that have been commissioned to provide services that affect the structural engineering design and development of construction documentation.
* Minimum Bachelor s degree in Civil or Agricultural Engineering w/ a building structures emphasis.
* Must have passed the FE Exam and able to take the P.E. exam within 3-5 years.
* Must have excellent communication skills, a positive, outgoing attitude and work well in a team setting.
* Must be highly motivated, a self-starter, able to work independently and thrive on meeting deadlines.
* Process minded
* Strong collaborator
* Excellent medical/dental/prescription coverage
* Life Insurance
* Paid holidays
* Paid vacation
* Paid sick time
* 401K Opportunity
* ESOP Retirement Program which makes you an owner of the company
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.