Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Thomasville, Georgia
Atkore International is an industry leader in the manufacture of Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications.
Our portfolio is comprised of two reporting segments (Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions) and three business units, Cable Solutions, Conduit & Fittings (Electrical Raceway) and Mechanical Products & Solutions. We are around a 1.5B International company that went IPO (June 10, 2016). Our Global locations range across the US, China, Australia and New Zealand. We have roughly 3100 employees.
Opening and Location
Atkore Plastic Pipe Corporation, a part of Atkore International, currently has an opening for an Electrician located in our Thomasville, GA facility.
Reporting and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Electrician's primary focus will be to perform skilled preventative and corrective electrical maintenance to equipment and associated building including interior and exterior lighting and wiring systems.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Test, locate, and repair trouble in electrical circuits and equipment; perform electronic equipment repair and troubleshooting; repair and replace broken or defective parts; repair electrical motors, parts, wiring and other electrical devices.
* Use knowledge of principles, methods and equipment in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and electronic equipment.
* Read and interpret drawings, specifications and manuals.
* Work within team environment with minimum supervision.
* Exercise judgment and initiative within established guidelines.
* Provide assistance to maintenance personnel
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 3 years of experience doing electrical maintenance in an industrial/ manufacturing environment.
* Must have strong Mechanical and/or Electrical skill sets
* Knowledge of relevant state and federal regulations, codes and ordinances pertaining to the work safety practices, safe work methods and safety regulations pertaining to the work.
* Understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions.
* Experience and knowledge of Lean Daily Management principles preferred
* Computer skills in Excel, Word, Power Point and MS Project preferred
* All associates must embrace and foster and environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
Benefits and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is performed in a production working environment within a manufacturing facility. Working conditions may be somewhat disagreeable involving potential exposure to safety hazards and noise. This is a fast paced environment and the work requires bending, lifting, twisting, walking and constant activity on concrete flooring or asphalt as well as continuous standing for up to eight hours or more a day.
Atkore International offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future. Diversity and inclusion are key to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Our dedicated employees are recognized around the world for their commitment to our customers' success, combining product innovation, collaborative service and providing the broadest line of products into an offering that ensures they can operate as efficiently as possible. Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.