Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Job Locations US-MI-Ann Arbor
Posted Date 11 hours ago(10/15/2018 8:41 AM)
# of Openings
AHQ (Ann Arbor)
Responsible for leading costing activities to support NSK's growth in targeted areas. Position utilizes a blend of Engineering, Manufacturing and Costing skills to develop and align costs with market. Requires interaction with Product Line Managers, Manufacturing, Finance, Marketing, Account Managers, Engineering, Program Management, Logistics, Purchasing, and occasionally executive management.
* Lead internal costing activities to support timely submission of RFQs, APR requests by BU
* Organize kick-off meeting(s) to facilitate gathering cost inputs from MFG, Engg, Procurement and NSK Japan, etc.
* Coordinate with PLMs, MFG, Eng, Proc and Fin teams to ensure direct and indirect cost accuracy
* Consolidate and organize cost inputs to develop cost estimates
* Develop price logic and recommendations with Sales to achieve targeted profitability
* Align price and costs with external environment (market/customer), and with internal strategy
* Challenge NSK functions to help achieve targeted profitability, and provide logic for price/cost changes
* Comply with NSK and BU's Gate processes and policies Long-term/Other * Develop and refine cost-models to improve costing processes for NSK's product lines
* Gather market research and maintain market price data to help validate target costs with Marketing
* Review cost-trends with Procurement and Manufacturing to support development of countermeasures
* Perform cost-benchmarking internally and externally and report gaps and countermeasures
* Support Product Line Managers in assessing competitiveness for targeted segments * Participate in standard cost reviews, and analyze variances for identified product lines/programs
* Support PCR feasibility and future cost reviews as required by Product Line
This job requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree preferably in Engineering, Finance/Costing and Manufacturing fields; and 3 to 5 years of position-related experience (C); 5 to 8 years (B), preferably 8 to 10 years of position-related experience, supervisory experience (A).
NSK is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.