Posted in Management 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Keene, New Hampshire
Job ID: 13085
AMETEK Precitech is a world leader in the manufacture of ultra precise machining systems distributed globally. We presently have an opening for a Shipper/Quality Assurance Technician. This position will divide the employee’s time between the building of shipping crates and the inspection of a variety of mechanical components to assure conformance.
• Measure, cut, and assemble wooden crates following specifications, utilizing standard wood working
tools and material handling equipment.
• Read and interpret shipping instructions to determine packing requirements, and specific transit instructions and dates.
• Work collaboratively with the other members of Shipping and Order Management to coordinate duties to ensure timely completion of crating meeting stringent shipping deadlines and federal freight requirements.
• Work in a highly safe and efficient manner to ensure conformance to safe work practices.
• Measures and inspects mechanical components to determine conformance to specifications, utilizing a variety of standard measuring instruments and gauges.
• Determines inspection methods to allow for efficient processing of items through the inspection process following industry standards as to selection and appropriate use of various instruments and gauges.
• May be involved with Engineering in the specification and design of inspection fixturing.
• Updates and maintains all supporting inspection documentation.
• May be involved in writing inspection standards.
• Regularly shares data and trends with Management and Engineering to allow for process and product improvement.
• May perform special projects with minimum direction using prints, verbal instructions or hand sketches.
• Regularly interfaces with Product Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Experienced with standard woodworking equipment to include saws, nail and screw guns
• Experienced with material handling equipment to include fork lift trucks, pallet jacks, and various overhead cranes and lifts.
• Ability to work from prints and work instructions.
• Experienced with mechanical test and measurement equipment utilized in a manufacturing environment, which may include: calipers, verniers, gauges, pins, comparator, CMM (coordinate measuring machine).
• Must be able to inspect a variety of complex components and products in a safe, timely and quality-oriented manner.
• Must be able to read and interpret prints, technical specifications, and schematics.
• Knowledge of and experience with various CAD programs such as Solid Works.
• Must be able to determine the correct procedure for the most efficient and economical inspection of products.
• Must have familiarity in machining techniques, metallurgy, and industrial finishes.
• Experienced and familiar with various standards such as ANSI, ISO etc.
• Ability to effectively participate in group meetings and quality control projects.
• Ability to write effective reports and associated documentation.
• Must be a self-starter and work independently with little supervision from multiple supervisors
• Must submit to security clearances as required by our customers.
• Lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis, turn, squat, crawl, reach, work with both hands, and visual abilities.
Education: High School or vocational training plus 2 or more years of inspection and or quality control experience in a manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.