Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St Louis, Missouri
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
What IS System Security Does…
Because of our highly regulated industry, security at Edward Jones is a top priority – without sacrificing the user experience. Our teams play a vital role in protecting client data by ensuring security around mobile devices, software, file transfer, network, and perimeter applications. With nearly 14,000 individual branches, three home-office campuses, nearly 1,400 home-based associates, hundreds of vendors, more than 7 million clients, and strict regulatory controls, our security teams use some of the most advanced digital technology to keep our business running and our information safe.
What You'll Do…
Plans, directs, and manages the activities of a team of associates/contractors responsible
for security related operations, support, development, and implementation of System Security applications and related components. This includes authentication and password management including multi-factor, privileged access controls, as well as application, server device hardening.
• Establish and maintain effective communications and relationships within and across
teams, business areas, and vendors.
• Align team activities and responsibilities with the firm's strategic direction.
• Develop and execute on-going improvements to all processes related to team as well as
department opportunities (e.g. metrics, systems support for users )
• Ensure prudent use of the firm's financial resources while keeping our infrastructure systems secure and managed in a dynamic environment.
• Provide leadership, development, and mentoring to associates through examples and
• Develop successors for key positions on their team.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Telecommunications or Engineering
preferred or equivalent related work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience directly related to Information Systems technology with
at least 1 year in a leadership role (mentoring associates, lead analyst, project leaders,
• Required understanding of technologies related to or dependent on the team's systems.
• Detailed understanding of system development methodologies and processes within IS
(change management, QA, PLC, etc.)
• Understanding of team systems, processes and technologies and how to modify them in a changing environment.
• Able to identify factors in the ever changing threat environment and evaluate and implement solutions to protect against them.
• Provides direction and leadership; creates strong team environment and builds talent; able to lead and influence others directly or indirectly.
• Process oriented; skilled in establishing and executing plans; able to establish metrics and
• Excellent interpersonal skills; develops relationships; seen as credible and trustworthy.
Able to communicate (written and verbal) effectively
• Manages and develops self while internalizing leadership feedback.
• Must be able to effectively communicate to businesses, vendors, associates, and leaders.
• Able to communicate in a succinct manner, verbally and in writing.
• Fosters open communication by listening to others.
• Able to appropriately react to system availability issues with commensurate urgency.
• Able to look at business objectives and provide solutions to problems that are right for the