Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Job Code: 00448-43666
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*:
* Act as a liaison between the HCA Hospitals in the Richmond area and EMS agencies. Responsible for coordinating ongoing EMS education and lectures that meet the current state requirements. Continue to foster the classes at the Forest Campus and begin to expand to include the Parham Campus. Review yearly to determine response from EMS providers to make sure the need is still present.
* Serve as an advocate between the Henrico Doctors Forest and Parham Campus, ER physicians and ER Medical Directors, Emergency Department Staff, EMS agencies and patients.
* Maintain a strong relationship with ODEMSA personnel. Serve as a hospital representative on the following ODMESA committees: Manpower and Training, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Trauma, Disaster and Medical Control. Continue to serve as member of the Advisory Board for J. Sargeant Reynolds and Henrico County Hermitage High School EMT programs.
* Maintain current Virginia ALS provider certification and Virginia ALS Coordinator certification by attending meeting and obtaining CEU s required to maintain status. Maintain records and documentation for CEU s, classes and lectures held and HDH Forest and Parham Campuses.
* Maintain strong and open relationships with all Fire/EMS personnel; both paid and volunteer. Maintain good working relationship with patient, visitors, physicians, coworker and other staff with in the hospitals.
* Coordinate and arrange events for EMS personnel several times a year including, but not limited to EMS week and Holiday Party. Support other HCA agencies by representing HDH at their functions as appropriate. Evaluate educational programs for EMS that are or have been sponsored by the hospital.
* Actively participate in all Core EMS Meetings by serving as hospital representative at such meetings as Metro Richmond EMS Council, Virginia EMS Advisory Board, Hospital Diversion Task Force. Attend and support local public community EMS related events as well as local rescue squad monthly meetings when appropriate.
*THOSE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS WITH AN (*) ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS JOB.
REQUIRED: A minimum of five years experience giving direct patient care as an ALS EMS provider.
PREFERRED: Current or past certifications as an instructor in various areas of EMS education, i.e. PHTLS, BTLS, ACLS, EMT B, CT or P, PALS. Active in Regional, State or National EMS groups.
REQUIRED: Virginia ALS providers certification and Virginia ALS Coordinator certification. (Current)
PREFERRED: Active certification as an instructor in ACLS, BTLS or PHTLS, PALS or EMT B, CT or P.
Last Edited: 09/22/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.