Posted in Other 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Martinsburg, West Virginia
Form Updated: September 2014
Job Title: Intake Coordinator Position number: 2334
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports to: Director of Home Health
POSITION SUMMARY: MANAGES AND FACILITATES ALL ASPECTS OF THE PATIENT INTAKE AND ADMISSION PROCESS, INCLUDING ESTABLISHING AND MAINTAINING POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS WITH REFERRAL SOURCES, RESPONDING TO CUSTOMER REQUESTS AND CONCERNS, PERFORMING INSURANCE VERIFICATION AND AUTHORIZATION PROCESSES, AND ASSURING COMPLIANCE WITH MD ORDERS AND MEDICARE REGULATIONS. COORDINATES START OF CARE VISITS. PROCESSES PATIENT REFERRAL INFORMATION AND ENSURES TIMELINESS, EFFICIENCY AND CONTINUITY OF CARE.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate of an accredited
Nursing. Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in
West Virginia required. Five (5) years nursing experience with at least two (2) years. Home health experience. Knowledge of CMS regulations and private payer practices. Knowledge of joint commission home care standards.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Proficient in use of computer and ability to learn home health software program.
2. Communicate verbally, written and electronically with healthcare personnel, families and patients.
3. May be required to take call on an infrequent basis to assist in covering schedule.
4. Must be able to verbally communicate in a manner that can be understood in person and over the telephone.
5. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching. Requires full manual and finger dexterity and normal eye-hand coordination.
6. Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to maintain a non-judgmental and professional demeanor in dealing with all facets of human behavior.
7. Requires organizational skills, an ability to prioritize demands within specific time restraints in an organized, efficient and professional manner.
OSHA EXPOSURE CLASSIFICATION I TB EXPOSURE I
STAFF RIGHTS: I am aware of any potentially conflicting situations and I request not to participate in the following aspects of a patient s care or treatment because of cultural values, ethics or religious beliefs (Specify any staff rights or indicate NONE; initial)
ACCOMMODATIONS: I request the following reasonable accommodations (special equipment, etc) in order to perform the functions of this position (Specify accommodations or indicate NONE; initial)
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The organization reserves the right to alter working hours, based on needs.
Employee ___________________________________________________________________ Date__________________
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)