Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Durham, North Carolina
We are looking for an Information Security Analyst Associate to join our already skilled team of security experts. We want you to have a real passion for security and apply it to our high-performance culture. We care deeply about the work we do and the impact it has on our customers. You can take happiness in knowing your work has a positive effect on the people of North Carolina.
You will be responsible for user account administration in a multi-platform environment. You will ensure the alignment of administration procedures with overall Information Security policies and standards. We will also expect you to assist in the development of access controls to safeguard Blue Cross NC systems against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure.
You ll be a trusted member of a high energy, tight-knit, creative team. If you are ready to make a career out of making a difference then you are the person for this team.
* Assist with Identity and Access Management by maintaining user access to secure BCBSNC system resources and performing tasks such as creation / configuration of user logon IDs and updating access control lists.
* Perform analysis of access requests/processes and provide recommendations for improvement to senior team members and Information Security management.
* Provide on-call support for after-hours system access issues and solve problems system access problems and failures.
* Assist in educating information/resource owners in the implementation of necessary information security controls and determination of appropriate security policies.
* Aid in the delivery of security guidance and training to business partners by performing security program presentations, both internally and externally.
* Report suspected information security misuse to Information Security leadership by running Security Attestation campaigns and assisting in identifying data owners for data transfers and validating appropriateness.
* Assist resource owners and IT staff in understanding and responding to security access exceptions.
YOU LL HAVE:
* Bachelor s degree and one year general information systems and/or information security experience (note: experience can be gained as a combination of coursework, internships and/or direct work experience).
* In lieu of degree, 2 years of general information systems and/or information security experience is required.
* Systems administration background within other areas of IT preferred.
* Some experience in security administration in any of the following platforms (UNIX, OS390 Mainframe, iSeries, Windows/Active Directory) is helpful.
* Preferred familiarity with audit and risk-related methodologies, such as COBIT.
* Proven initiative to learn new technologies.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to communicate and discuss technical information to users with varying technical expertise.
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with varying constituencies and teams.
* Strong customer focus.
* Commitment to continuous process improvement.
* Ability to work effectively in emergencies while handling multiple priorities..
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in its health programs and activities.