Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Varex Imaging is looking for a JUNIOR CORPORATE ACCOUNTANT to join its Salt Lake City, Utah facility.
Reporting to the Assistant Global Controller, this role will be an integral part of the finance team helping to drive the close process. Primary responsibility will be to assist with day-to-day transactional tasks within the accounting department. This is an excellent opportunity to establish a strong working knowledge of accounting and internal control processes in a dynamic work environment with a global presence.
* Assist in the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process
* Propose and post monthly journal entries
* Quarterly balance sheet and P&L fluctuation analysis
* Multi-entity cash / bank account reconciliations, prepaid and other current asset reconciliations, other long-term assets.
* Detailed G/L account research to understand / comment on irregular patterns
* Assist with year-end audit, and schedule requests of external auditors
* Assist in the documentation and compliance with SOX
* Prepare ad hoc reports and perform other duties and special projects as assigned
* Solid understanding of GAAP
* Proficient with relevant computer applications, including Excel (V-Look Ups, Pivot Tables, etc.), Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* BA/BS degree in Accounting
* 1+ years of accounting experience, ideally through a combination of financial audits and public manufacturing company experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Experience in SAP a plus but willing to train
TIME TYPE:Full time
PAY RATE TYPE:Salary
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.