Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Plan, direct, and coordinate human resource management for the assigned service center and administer various human resources policies and procedures. Ensures employee understanding of benefit programs through continuous communications and counseling as situations arise; manage payroll and personnel files. Provides direction, information, and support to the management staff in areas such as performance reviews, compensation and state and federal employment laws.
Under minimal supervision, provides a wide range of human resources support to assigned service center. Provides advice to staff, supervisors and managers on policies, regulations, and practical standards regarding equal opportunity/affirmative action employment, recruitment and hiring options, compensation issues, performance management and disciplinary procedures, employee benefits and training. Provides consultative direction to all employees on human resources practices in specific situations. Provides personnel assistance in identifying, evaluating, and resolving human relations and work performance problems within service center to facilitate communication and improve employee human relations skills and work performance. Attends meetings of managers, supervisors, and work units to facilitate effective interpersonal communication among participants and to ascertain human relations and work related problems that adversely affect employee morale and service center productivity. May participate in resolving labor relations issues.
This position works with minimal supervision and is frequently required to use professional skills, discretion and sensitivity while addressing various issues. Challenges encountered by this position include resolving highly sensitive and confidential issues with personnel. This individual works as a team member in determining departmental needs and serves as a resource to departments regarding human resource functions and participates in process improvement activities. Provides advisement and quality review regarding the application of employment, compensation, labor relations and benefits laws, policies and procedures. Requires performance of research and analysis pertaining to proposed alternative human resources strategies, process, and/or approaches; coordination of specialized training/orientation and related materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
* Interacts and consults with supervisors and managers in the planning, approval, and implementation of staffing projects, recruitment strategies, utilization goals, posting/advertising, screening and applicant development, requisition/applicant tracking, and selection. Assists with and facilitates the design of proactive staffing plans.
* Serves as initial point of advice, problem resolution, and facilitation in the areas of employee relations, performance management, and employee discipline; advises both employees and management regarding employee relations, policies, procedures, and documentation; researches, identifies and analyzes specific employee relations concerns and makes appropriate recommendations to management.
* Maintains current knowledge of, and provides training to management staff to enhance understanding and compliance with State and Federal human resource law and policy.
* Manages the benefit administration and open enrollment process to ensure employees have the information they need so they can make informed benefit decisions.
* Ensures employee understanding of benefit programs by regularly generating communications and counseling employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolves employee complaints referring difficult or very complex complaints to Corporate Human Resources as needed.
* Manages the payroll process and acts as a liaison for employees with payroll issues.
* Participates in developing Human Resources department goals, objectives, and systems.
* Maintains employee personnel files in line with company policies and government regulations.
* Attends warning and termination hearings/meetings.
* Performs miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference as well as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Knowledge of equal opportunity and affirmative action requirements as related to public sector human resources procedures.
* Knowledge of compensation administration principles and procedures.
* Knowledge of ADA, FLSA, and other employment legislation and regulations.
* Knowledge of FMLA and catastrophic leave policies, procedures, and practices.
* Knowledge of all other federal, state employment laws and regulations
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to analyze complex information.
* Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
* Ability to prepare and present training programs and materials.
* Employee development and performance management skills.
* Ability to convey a positive a professional image to applicants and employees.
* Word processing, Spreadsheets, Payroll, Internet software, E-mail, and Database software skills.
Experience and Training Guidelines
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities in qualifying.
Education / Training
Bachelors degree in business management or knowledge of human resources policies and procedures as would be gained by at least two to fours years experience in Human Resources. PHR or SPHR certification in lieu of a degree or any combination of education and experience.
At least four years experience in all areas of Human Resources.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Job Related Experience: N/A. This is a trainee position.
Management Experience: N/A
Physical Requirements: Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Ability to use computer keyboard and view monitor for extended periods of time.
Position Requirements: Upon completion of training program, must meet projected production requirements as established by manager on a monthly basis
Travel Requirements: N/A
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge: Strong customer service, communication, organization and problem resolution skills, as well as detail oriented.
ISGN is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
All candidates who have received a written offer of employment will be required to undergo a company paid drug test. Failure to submit to this test and/or to successfully test negative will result in withdrawal of the applicant's job offer.
ISGN participates in E-Verify and we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to