Education: GED or High School Diploma as required by state regulations
Experience: Three (3) years of experience in a classroom, community service and/or an education setting required. Some college course work in teaching Science, Social Studies, Math, Reading, Writing, and English as aSupervises: Supervises students and maintains order in the classroom. No direct reports.
Second Language at all levels of education, and/or social work strongly preferred.
Critical Action Items:
1. Arrive on time and be inside the classroom no later than 15 minutes before students arrive.
2. Assist the teacher in maintaining order and discipline in the classroom.
3. Communicate all relevant concerns about students to the teacher and direct care staff.
4. Interact with children in ways appropriate to child growth and development.
5. Help assess and evaluate each student's progress daily and quarterly.
6. Assist the teacher with preparation, instruction, and clean-up of materials and activities daily.
7. Serve as substitute teacher as needed.
8. Perform extensive data entry of student information to include assessment results and grades.
1. Preparation and execution of effective lesson plans.
2. Administer a variety of assessments to assist in identifying progress.
3. Documenting and recording scores and other relevant data.
4. Maintaining classroom presentation to promote both an aesthetically pleasing and safe environment.
5. Assist ESL Facilitators in the instruction of basic subjects
6. Assist the ESL Facilitators in in maintaining order and discipline in the classroom.
7. Communicate all relevant concerns about students to the Lead ESL Facilitator.
8. Accuracy in record keeping and data entry.
Be supportive of BCFS Educational Services Department on campus and in the community as well as being loyal and complimentary of administration, staff, and fellow colleagues
Interact with children in ways appropriate to promote healthy child growth and development.
Help assess and evaluate each student's progress daily, weekly and monthly.
Assist the ESL Facilitator with preparation, instruction, and clean-up in the classroom.
Serve as a substitute teacher as needed.
Attend all planned Educational Services functions: e.g., open houses, in-services, and teacher workdays required for other teaching staff.
Answer and make telephone calls, file, send faxes, make copies and other clerical duties as needed.
Serve as tutor to students between the ages 5 to 17 years of age working on a broad array of tasks at various grade levels. Answer questions about classroom assignments and provide individual instruction and guidance.
Carry out supervisory teacher duties in a prompt and reasonable manner when necessary, as agreed on with the teacher.
Handle all student information with utmost confidentiality.
Other job duties as assigned.
1. Maintain current licenses and certificates required for the position including but not limited to:
• First Aid • CPR • Emergency Behavior Intervention
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in Spanish and English.
3. Must be at least 21 years of age or older at the time of application.
4. Working knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
5. Computer literate.
6. Ability to work effectively without extensive supervision.
7. Ability to operate all office machinery.
8. Ability to function with diplomacy and tact.
9. Possess a valid driver license and have a good driving record.
10. Pass Criminal Background Check.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.