Education: Required -- Graduate degree from an accredited program/university, preferably in one of the following areas: social work, psychology, sociology or related field of study
Experience: Required - 2 years related experience and/or training
Summary:The clinician uses sound professional judgment and best practices to support the mental health, safety and well-being of every unaccompanied alien child in care while maintaining compliance with established state and federal standards and requirements.
To successfully perform this job, the employee may be expected to perform the following, with or without reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990:
Preferred -- 4 plus years related experience and/or training
1. Prepare goal-oriented psychosocial diagnostic assessments, service plans and progress reports.
2. Facilitate or co-facilitate a minimum of two children's groups weekly on specific topics and issues
3. Provide case consultations, weekly one-to-one counseling and/or crisis intervention for children, and bi-weekly family counseling for each family represented.
4. Meet all pre-determined deadlines required by program supervisor and federal partners.
1. Meet all federal and state regulatory guidelines and standards that are applicable to this position.
2. Maintain a case load in accordance with agency policies and procedures and licensing and contract standards.
3. Conduct intake interviews and initial child assessments.
4. Assess, treat, develop, implement and update child therapeutic plans.
5. Provide counseling, crisis management, evaluations and other clinical functions as assigned.
6. Record relevant clinical data and report clinical information as required.
7. Maintain accurate and current child records and files.
8. Provide data to support staff regarding admission/discharge of children.
9. Facilitate continuity of services for children by the clinical department.
10. Meet predetermined deadlines that allow for timely processing and reunification of unaccompanied alien children.
11. Assist in discharge planning.
12. Maintain on-call schedule for the support of children and staff.
13. Maintain current knowledge of community resources.
14. Communicate effectively with referral sources and providers.
15. Attend scheduled meetings and participate in team decisions and operations.
16. Participate in workshops, seminars, education programs and activities that promote professional growth and development.
17. Prepare and maintain assigned reports in accordance with agency policies and procedures and applicable licensing and contract standards.
18. Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or requested by position supervisor.
19. Implement BCFS safety protocols including evacuating with children and other staff in case of an emergency.
20. Maintain confidentiality in all areas of the service population and program operations.
21. Maintain BCFS HHS professional and ethical standards of conduct outlined in BCFS employee handbook including demonstrating respect for agency staff, children, and community members and complying with required dress code at all times.
Credentials, Skills and Abilities:
1. Maintain current licenses and certificates required for the position including but not limited to:
First Aid, CPR and Emergency Behavior Intervention ____________.
2. Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
3. Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
4. Pass a pre-employment and biennial criminal background checks.
5. Demonstrate skills in: a. Group, individual and family therapy
b. A range of treatment modalities
6. Demonstrate the ability to: a. Respond sensitively and competently to the service population's cultural and socio-economic characteristics
b. Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English and Spanish
c. Work in a fast paced environment and maintain control and professional composure at all times
d. Organize and prioritize responsibilities and duties efficiently
e. Maintain computer literacy required by the position.
f. Work effectively and without intensive supervision both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team
7. Demonstrate a working knowledge of all Residential Services policies and procedures.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.