Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Whitestone, New York
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers and over 60,000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $60 billion.
Position Title: Small Cell Network Operations Technician
Provide telecommunications network operational support and maintenance in accordance with standard industry and company prescribed practices. Ensure production network is meeting performance goals and SLA’s. Coordinate all operational maintenance activities with the NOC. Consult carrier operations, RF engineers, and other resources necessary to ensure new equipment is seamlessly integrated. Provide technical knowledge as needed during deployment, and cost-effectively maintain the highest performance.
Essential Job Functions
• Perform general and preventative maintenance on SCN equipment, utilizing accepted maintenance practices and appropriate diagnostic tools.
• Respond or dispatch appropriate resources to any network outages and properly repair SCN faults to restore service.
• Ensure SCN acceptance and integration procedures are properly performed to prescribed standards for all SCN additions and modifications.
• Coordinate maintenance and other activities with NOC, other departments, and all vendors when working maintenance on networks.
• Coordinate vendor and contractor maintenance activities on the SCN and ensure product/services are meeting prescribed standards and expectations.
• Facilitate the execution of work orders and trouble tickets as provided by the NOC. Ensure proper resolution and closure of the tickets and work orders.
• Keep documentation on site spares inventory parts, and supplies to ensure continuous operations of the network.
• Complete necessary reports including but not limited to inspection reports, operation reports, maintenance reports, and SLA reports.
• Assist vendors during RF studies and drive tests as needed.
• Ensure 365X24X7 operational support is provided.
• Installs, provisions, tests, and maintains DS0 thru OC192 services, Transport DWDM equipment, Signaling, and MPLS/IP/Ethernet Data Services.
• Performs preventive/scheduled maintenance and inspections on equipment and on the critical infrastructure including, but not limited to: HVAC systems, high-voltage electrical systems, DC Power Plants.
• Interacts personally with customers and contractors to provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for installation, decommissioning and troubleshooting problems of network equipment and circuits.
• Attend safety meetings and OSHA compliance training
• On-call 24x7, stand-by, call out, dispatch, and overtime are required as dictated by the business.
• Perform other duties as assigned or required
• Minimum of an Associates degree in electronics or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of five (5) years field or military experience in the wireless telephony, SMR, paging or broadcast industries
• Prefer prior work experience with base station equipment, NMS, equipment installation and maintenance, low-power broadcast equipment and experience in both the construction, installation and maintenance phases
• Prefer prior use of Volt/Ohm meter, RF power meter, frequency sweep equipment, spectrum analyzer, fault locating equipment and battery conductance meters
• Proven technical expertise in wireless base station technology
• Broad grasp of wireless telecommunications including RF system engineering, receiver design, base stations, antenna theory, RF circuitry and system optimization, system alarming, digital and RF path
• Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and have equipment installation/maintenance abilities
• Knowledge of fiber optics termination panels and AC rectifiers are preferred
• Understanding of a Network Management System, sweep tests, and OTDR tests and data transmission technologies
• Experience and/or knowledge of Sonet (DS0, DS1, DS3, OC3 to OC192), Ethernet (routers/higher-layer protocols), and Outside Plant (Fiber locating, OTDR, Fusion Splicing, etc.).
• Troubleshoot equipment and network problems, remove and replace defective modules, track spares and ensure repair, perform preventative maintenance checks of electronic equipment, maintain as built drawings and documentation
• Possession or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle or equipment operation (e.g. vehicle with bucket lift).
• Must understand and adhere to company driver safety policy
Reports to: Manager Operations SCN
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Moderate travel may be required. Ability to use hand tools, climb ladders, , pull and connect RF and fiber cables and wires.
Additional Information: N/A
Crown Castle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Job Description