Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Austin, Texas
The Office Manager role at State Street is an exciting, challenging, and highly visible role supporting a team of Senior Vice Presidents in Global Technology Services across multiple sites in Austin, TX. The successful candidate will need to take initiative, exercise independent thinking, juggle multiple projects, set priorities, and meet aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The Office Manager must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and be interested in working in a professional and team-oriented environment.
• Provide business and administrative support to Senior Vice Presidents in Global Technology Services
• Oversight of day-to-day office operations, including researching and implementing new processes and technology to improve operational efficiency.
• Prioritize operational needs and requirements from Austin Site Lead on company expansion efforts; direct and ensure implementation of these efforts from a facilities perspective.
• Ensure all new office locations open on schedule and all local management staff are well trained with office operations
• Oversee maintenance of buildings, furniture, equipment, and systems including Security, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, fire protection, and utilities.
• Manages contractor and vendor relationships; obtains quotes from vendors, service contractors and suppliers and negotiates contracts to optimize delivery and cost savings while ensuring that all facility management needs are being met.
• Oversee space planning, seating assignments, and projections for growth requirements.
• Setup and manage the office technology including: conference room A/V equipment, office computers, printers, phones.
• Coordinate and oversee document production and special projects, as requested
• Researching and compile materials needed for important meetings, calls and projects
• Work with management on personnel matters, including on-boarding new hires
• Orders office supplies and ensures employee workrooms, kitchens, and shared areas are stocked and clean.
• Monitors expenses and payments and adheres to the applicable budget(s).
• Processes all incoming and outgoing mail and manages relationships with USPS, FedEx, UPS, and any other shipping/receiving vendors.
• Provides a prompt and courteous response to all office and facilities related requests from staff and guests.
• Organize office events such as: all-hands meetings, company parties, etc.
• Create a fun, inclusive, and safe work environment.
• Coordinate and organize Austin events.
• Ensures facility procedures comply with local, state, and federal regulations.
Desired skills and experience:
• 5+ years of management experience with an emphasis on facilities, hospitality, corporate services, property management or equivalent office management experience
• Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, meet deadlines and effectively execute in a fast-paced environment
• Proven strong organizational skills, excellent follow-through with the ability to perform numerous tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to think and react clearly, quickly and calmly in a crisis. Must have the ability to comfortably interact & communicate with all levels of the organization
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively while driving projects from start to finish.
• Proactive approach to problem-solving and prioritization complemented by strong decision-making capability
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Working knowledge of leases, contracts and related documents.