Program Manager (Specialty and Enrichment) at FlightSafety Services Corporation
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wichita, Kansas
The Specialty & Enrichment Program Manager (S&E PM) is responsible for the operation of the assigned Training Program(s) within Specialty & Enrichment (S&E) throughout the Learning Centers by performing the following duties:
Training Standards Program Activities: (Includes Compliance with regulations and guidelines and Quality Management System (QMS) policies and procedures); plus Lesson Planning, Current Material and Set-up.
* Supervise and manage the day-to-day Instructor and Customer training activities specific to the S&E programs assigned relative to training delivery, Offsite Customer scheduling, Instructor scheduling, condition of training equipment, and training documentation.
* Ensure that training materials including electronic media are prepared, maintained and used in accordance with all regulatory requirements by periodically comparing said requirements with day-to-day activities and any audit inspection results at the Center.
* Coordinate with the appropriate agencies/authorities (FAA/JAA), the Corporate PM, and appropriate FlightSafety International personnel regarding all matters concerning the approval of appropriate training curriculum material, as requested.
* When necessary, provide hands on supervision of Instructor(s) to ensure Instructor(s) continuing competency to train FlightSafety International s Customers within the assigned program.
Training Standards Instructor Activities: (Includes Compliance with regulations and guidelines and QMS policies and procedures)
* Maintain Instructor qualification in accordance with NOTE on the last page of this Job Description.
* Maintain Instructor qualification in accordance with FlightSafety International s Quality Maintenance Systems (QMS) processes and procedures. (Refer to QWI-62-02-01)
* Keep current all certificates, ratings and designations to perform duties as a Specialty & Enrichment Instructor as required per assigned course.
* Responsible for monitoring and ensuring training compliance with FlightSafety International s Instructor Performance Standards .
* Act as a Specialty & Enrichment Instructor, as needed.
* Provide information and resources to individual Instructors in support of the conduct of Customer training.
* Ensure Instructors are informed of unique Customer training requirements and ensure compliance with those requirements during Customers training.
* Establish and maintain expanded Instructor Action Guides (IAGs) for appropriate program(s).
* Update and modify Lesson Plan notes, syllabi and teaching aids, as necessary.
* Conduct periodic Instructor meetings to communicate policies, procedures, and unique Customer training issues.
* Evaluate, in conjunction with the Specialty & Enrichment Director of Training (S&E DOT) and/or Specialty & Enrichment Assistant Director of Training (S&E ADOT) all new-hire Instructors at the completion of their initial training and qualification phases and certify them as ready to teach the subjects/courses which they are scheduled to instruct.
* In conjunction with S&E DOT/ADOT, establish training programs to maintain and improve Instructor-teaching skills.
* Monitor, periodically, through random quality assurance observations, the teaching skills of all Instructors and confer with S&E DOT/ADOT regarding Instructors capability.
* In conjunction with S&E DOT/ADOT, continue to ensure that all Instructors are fully trained and qualified in accordance with FlightSafety International and regulatory requirements at Centers.
Teamwork Internal & External Activities:
* Communicate with the Center s Director of Training (DOT) and the Center Manager concerning any offsite Customer training activities, scheduling and documentation, and Instructor training activities and scheduling.
* Coordinate directly with the S&E DOT and ADOT, if applicable, to ensure standardization between Lead and Satellite training programs.
* Coordinate with Center DOT s, ADOT s, as well as, S&E DOT and ADOT to exchange ideas, identify common problems, discuss successful solutions, promote standardization and encourage efficient Center operations.
* Coordinate all resources necessary for the conduct of training, as well as communication with Customers before, during and after their Center training activity regarding effectiveness of training material.
* Interview prospective employees, evaluate and recommend employment.
* Provide project direction(s); set priorities and monitor staff achievement.
* Direct and/or facilitate departmental staff meetings and oversee distribution of meeting minutes to appropriate personnel.
* Coordinate and manage department staffing levels with approval from the S&E DOT.
* Provide orientation training and training on usage of appropriate software systems, as required of each employee, as needed.
* Analyze status of all current projections/plans and keep the S&E DOT/ADOT apprised of any problem areas or issues.
* Complete Performance Appraisal documents (6 month, annual, and promotion) and conduct Performance Appraisal reviews with employees.
* Coordinate departmental personnel matters with Teammate Resources.
* Establish methods by which quality and efficiency is monitored in the department.
* Interface with other supervisors/managers, as needed.
* Prepare, submit and monitor annual budget for department.
* Assist Center management in the scheduling of Instructors and ensure that schedule changes are properly recorded and communicated to appropriate parties, as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Associate's degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school or three (3) years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; equivalency years experience substitution must be in related field.
* Minimum of one (1) year experience in aviation teaching/training environment using scenario-based style teaching method.
* Internal Instructor Evaluator, preferred or completion of training as an Internal Instructor Evaluator within 6 months of hire.
* Experience in managing the technology to support traditional and non-traditional classroom learning delivery methodologies (computer skills, voice, presentation style, follow-up questions, etc.).
* Experience supervising teammates including, but not limited to: organizing objectives, delegating responsibility, training, discipline, etc.
* Experience with FAA, JAA, EASA regulations, operations and requirements
* Prior experience as a Flight Crew Member (IP) in the following region but not limited to Atlantic, Pacific, South America, Asia, etc.
* Prior experience as a Pilot and/or Navigation/Flight Attendant (CRM) with part 135, 121, or equivalent.
* Minimum of one year experience as a FlightSafety Simulator Instructor, preferred.
* Minimum of one year experience as a FlightSafety QMS auditor or equivalent, preferred.
* Prior experience as a CWM/PDL Custodian preferred.
* Experience researching, developing, and acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a minimum of two FlightSafety courses.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Fluency in English, through both verbal and written communications; able to speak, understand, read and write.
* Bilingual in Spanish, preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
* Ability to interact with various levels of management in a professional manner.
* Ability to adapt to changing schedules and high pressure situations.
* Knowledge of management principles and their applications.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.