Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Network Operations Manager
Crystal City - Arlington, VA 22202 US (Primary)
Technica is seeking a Network Operations Manager to support a large IT enterprise DoD Program. The Network Operations Manager will report to the Program Technical Supervisor, and must be a seasoned and highly experienced/capable systems or network engineer with experience in working with a variety of DoD networks of different security classifications. The Network Operations Manager is responsible for the daily performance and availability of the organization's network. As such, the Manager analyzes network capability and performance; recommends upgrades/changes; assesses organization's current and future network needs; oversees the daily operations of the NetOps staff; and records incidents and changes.
The Network Operations Manager must possess and apply a comprehensive network engineering, system engineering and NetOps knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. The Manager functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments, and leads the NetOps team on large projects or significant segment of large complex projects. The Manager analyzes new and complex project related problems, and creates innovative solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
* Ensures wired and wireless networking and telecommunications services/devices function as expected with high availability
* Provides continuous high-speed data transmission services to the customer
* Designs, deploys and maintains existing telecommunications and computer networks (routers, switches, multiplexers, and other specialized computer/electronics equipment)
* Provides support to end users and performs routine maintenance on network devices
* Provides applications systems analysis and programming activities for the supported organization at multiple sites
* Prepares long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities and for necessary support resources
* Oversees all aspects of projects
* Performs NetOps functions as part of a network operations center (NOC)
Top Secret w/SCI
At Technica Corporation, our goal is to provide exceptional professional services and innovative technology solutions that meet or exceed our customer s expectations. We specialize in a wide range of advanced information technology solutions from Systems Engineering to Information Assurance, and from Software Development to Product Solutions. From our locations across the DC Metro area, we provide technological subject matter expertise, program management and business process knowledge as a trusted advisor in support of our Department of Defense and other federal agency customers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Technica's policy to affirmatively support Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for all qualified individuals without regard to color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, age, race, disability, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy covers all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, hiring, compensation, assignment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, employment longevity, retirement, employee benefits and termination.
Technica's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.