Lead HBSS Analyst at Technica Corporation
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Lead HBSS Analyst
Crystal City - Arlington, VA 22202 US (Primary)
Technica Corporation is currently seeking candidates for a Lead Host Based Security System (HBSS) Analyst to join our team supporting a Pentagon customer.
Candidate must possess and apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments which may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. The Analyst operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems, and contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable. Further, the Analyst formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both users needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements. The Analyst devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operations time, and form of desired results, including analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications. The Analyst provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist of most phases of systems analysis, while considering the business implications of the application of technology of the current and future business environment.
The Analyst must have knowledge and experience working with host intrusion prevention systems and with data loss prevention, and must be able to provide day-to-day support for matters dealing with HBSS to include deployment, implementation and sustainment. Working knowledge of how system components are installed, integrated and optimized is necessary as is knowledge of IT security principles and methods, such as firewalls, demilitarized zones and encryption.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
* Correlate incident data to identify specific vulnerabilities and make remediation recommendations
* Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources to identify possible threats to network security
* Perform Computer Network Defense incident triage to include determining scope, urgency and potential impact; identify vulnerabilities and make remediation recommendations
* Receive and analyze network alerts from within the enterprise, and determine possible causes
* Apply security policies to meet security objectives of the system and to applications
* Apply service oriented security architecture principles to meet organization's confidentiality, integrity and availability requirements
* Discover organizational trends with regard to the security posture of systems
* Ensure all systems security operations and maintenance activities are properly documented
* Monitor information protection assurance mechanisms for system implementation and testing
* Verify and update security documentation reflecting the application/system security design features
* Validate HBSS system alerts against network traffic using supporting tools Shift Type
Top Secret w/SCI
At Technica Corporation, our goal is to provide exceptional professional services and innovative technology solutions that meet or exceed our customer s expectations. We specialize in a wide range of advanced information technology solutions from Systems Engineering to Information Assurance, and from Software Development to Product Solutions. From our locations across the DC Metro area, we provide technological subject matter expertise, program management and business process knowledge as a trusted advisor in support of our Department of Defense and other federal agency customers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Technica's policy to affirmatively support Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for all qualified individuals without regard to color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, age, race, disability, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy covers all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, hiring, compensation, assignment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, employment longevity, retirement, employee benefits and termination.
Technica's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.