Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Senior Systems Administrator - Patching
Crystal City - Arlington, VA 22202 US (Primary)
Technica is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator (emphasis on patching capability/experience) to support a large IT enterprise DoD Program. The Senior Systems Administrator will report to the Program Technical Supervisor, and must be a seasoned system administrator with strong experience in systems patching and with a variety of DoD networks and systems of different security classifications as well as having functional capability with network engineering and NetOps.
Candidates must have comprehensive knowledge in designing, planning, implementing, and possessing the highest level of performance in the system administration for computers and their complex operating systems. As such, the Senior Systems Administrator researches, evaluates, and recommends upgrades, software, hardware and other necessities for computer systems; analyzes, diagnoses, and provides technical expertise for complex problems related to infrastructure operating systems and/or enterprise storage solutions; and proposes, initiates and implements appropriate solutions. Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
* Standard SA-related engineering, provisioning, NetOps and maintenance functions as indented below but with emphasis systems patching
* Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs, including but not limited to installing new or rebuilding existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, and storage; installing and configuring systems; and developing, maintaining and documenting installation and configuration procedures
* Support NetOps through: daily system monitoring and verification of operational integrity and performance of organization s hardware, server resources, systems and key processes; conducting daily security checks/monitoring and backup/archival operations; creating, changing, and deleting user accounts as appropriate; providing Tier III support as needed; repairing and recovering from hardware or software failures; and coordinating and communicating with impacted constituencies.
* Perform SA-maintenance including but not limited to applying OS patches and upgrades; upgrading administrative tools and utilities; configuring new/added services; upgrade and configure system software; document and maintain SA-related policies and procedures; conducting performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization; configure CPU, memory and disk partitions; and conduct performance reporting to support capacity planning
* Participate in technical research and development to enable continued innovation
* Ensure system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to and comply with DoD policies and standards
* Assist project teams with technical issues arising throughout the project life-cycle
Top Secret w/SCI
At Technica Corporation, our goal is to provide exceptional professional services and innovative technology solutions that meet or exceed our customer s expectations. We specialize in a wide range of advanced information technology solutions from Systems Engineering to Information Assurance, and from Software Development to Product Solutions. From our locations across the DC Metro area, we provide technological subject matter expertise, program management and business process knowledge as a trusted advisor in support of our Department of Defense and other federal agency customers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Technica's policy to affirmatively support Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for all qualified individuals without regard to color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, age, race, disability, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy covers all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, hiring, compensation, assignment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, employment longevity, retirement, employee benefits and termination.
Technica's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.