Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Basic Job Functions:
Directly responsible for a variety of administrative functions including but not limited to managing incoming calls, meeting schedules, travel coordination, document control and other support functions, such as composing memos, transcribing notes, filing, research and creating presentations. Responsible for the management of office and shipping supplies. May assist with compiling financial reports, preparing expense reports, and handling multiple projects.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in a related position.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Requires a familiarity with a variety of corporate level concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Exposure to or experience with a high energy, fast paced environment
• High School Diploma or GED
• College degree preferred
• Ability to interact with others effectively within the corporate environment
• Ability to take direction, identify problems, develop solutions, conduct analysis independently and in collaboration with others
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and projects
• Creative thinker with the ability to make decisions and execute effectively
• Ability to work within a team environment and provide back-up support to other assistants as needed
• Maturity to handle confidential issues and communicate effectively with team members and senior executives
• Ability to anticipate, change and react efficiently and expeditiously
• May have knowledge of confidential business and personal information
• Systematic approach in carrying out assignments including appropriate follow-up
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Proficient in Concur, Visio and Project a plus
• Notary certification is preferred
• Must pass Advanced Microsoft Office Assessment Test which includes: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Approve and process department invoices
• Track and report on consultant spend
• Make various Pcard purchases for department; perform monthly reconciliations
• Assist in Visa documentation and submissions for Company travel
• Maintain SharePoint site on POWER
• Proof and format reports and documents as needed
• Support new associates by answering questions, ordering business cards, cube plaques, office supplies etc.
• Support staff by creating or maintaining schedules and reports as well as travel and meeting/live meeting coordination
• Place, receive, and screen calls and receive outside guests in a professional manner.
• Assist in the processing and submittal of Purchase Requisitions
• Assist staff in developing and finalizing up to advanced level presentations and posters for internal and/or external use
• Lead as needed with staff meetings, team building events, various trainings, seminars and events which includes organizing and coordinating logistics, room set up, food ordering, taking minutes/notes and AV support
• Serve as a liaison between cross functional teams, project directors, project team members, accounting, other administrative staff, clients, subcontractors, and consultants
• Organize, replenish, and maintain office and shipping supplies
• Provide support to associate requests as needed
• Maintain filing systems (Electronic and hard files)
• Provide data entry support and maintain databases as needed
• Process and submit expenses reports and invoices
• Assist with special projects as needed
• All other duties as assigned
Please note: potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EducationBachelors, Diploma or GED (Required)
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.