Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Westerly, Rhode Island
Job ID: 12699
The Quality Engineer is responsible for the identification and execution of all quality requirements that are pertinent to all sales orders and/or programs that are awarded to AMETEK SCP. Provides technical support and guidance to the Inspection Supervisor. He/she provides liaison between the Quality department, Internal departments and customers
1) Responsible for Contract Review
2) Responsible for Quality Quoting
3) Responsible for customer support relating to Quality aspects of the Sales Order
4) Responsible for Test Design and Procedures, including fixtures and methods
5) Responsible for internal Quality data review and approval
6) Provides technical support to inspection personnel
7) Provides Quality support for Systems & Supplier Readiness Review (SRR’s), Product
Development Review (PDR’s), Critical Design Review (CDR’s), etc.
8) Assigns work to the Quality Engineering Staff
9) Performs reviews and fills in for QA Manager during absences
10) Prepare Customer First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR’s)
11) Performs Internal and Supplier Quality System Audits as required
12) Provides Quality Support to External Audits (Customer and ISO) as required
A minimum of a H.S. diploma. A Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering/Technical discipline is preferred but job experience and product knowledge in Submarine Subsafe parts, Hull Penetrators and Cabling Interconnects may be substituted.
GOALS/OBJECTIVES OF POSITION:
1) To ensure compliance to ISO and specific customer requirements
2) To ensure logistics and methods will ensure On-Time-Delivery (OTD)
3) To ensure training and knowledge of staff is adequate to promote product quality
1) Knowledge of test fixtures and general equipment use as well as compliance to quality system procedures
2) Must be able to read and understand drawings, department procedures, ISO Standards, Military specifications, standards, manuals, etc.
3) Must understand government contracts, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR’s) & Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFAR’s) clauses, DOD Instructions, Data Item Descriptions (DID’s), etc.
4) Knowledge of Submarine Subsafe parts, Hull Penetrators and Cabling Interconnects.
5) Working knowledge with applications of Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodologies and process capability analysis (Cp/Cpk).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.