Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Position Title: Investigator - Infectious Disease Discovery
Working Location: Pennsylvania
Employment Status: Full time
Required Experience: 1 year
Required Education: Masters
Travel Required: 0%
We are looking for a motivated scientist with background in virology, immunology or related life sciences field. The successful candidate with be responsible for designing, executing, and interpreting experiments; working with external and internal collaborators in a matrix team environment; reporting findings to multiple stakeholders, thus excellent oral and written communication skills are essential. This position will require the development and use of flow cytometry, ELISA, multiplex technology-based readouts, and other quantitative techniques aimed at developing novel medicines for patients. He/she will also be required to keep up-to-date with the field through literature searches and attending scientific meetings.
This position is responsible for
• Establishing, executing and validating novel in vitro and ex vivo models including assays using live HBV virus (infectious material) and human peripheral blood immune cells. Expected >70% of time conducting experiments.
• Record, report and present experimental findings in departmental and scientific meetings; prepare formal technical reports, monthly reports, and study summaries, according to GSK’s data integrity guidelines.
• Must be able to work in a team-oriented, matrix environment.
• Must demonstrate flexibility to adapt to changes in project priorities.
• Must demonstrate competency in balancing multiple projects and work streams
• Excellent social skills and the ability to work in cross-functional teams.
• PhD or masters in Immunology, Virology or other Life sciences degree, or equivalent lab-based experience
• Virology background and experience with human pathogens a must – work with HBV preferred
• Technical expert in flow cytometric techniques, specifically multicolor flow cytometry and identifying rare cell populations in challenging tissue types.
• Experience developing, validating and executing immunological and biochemistry assays (multicolor flow cytometry, single and multiplex ELISA, tissue culture, etc.)
• Proficient with common molecular biology lab techniques
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.