COMBS Quality Control Inspector (Laughlin AFB, TX) at IAP
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Laughlin AFB, Texas
IAP - Ingenuity and Purpose www.iapws.com As a leading international services company for more than 65 years, IAP provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, IAP leverages and integrates its capabilities - IT & Communications, Aviation & Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, Infrastructure & Logistics - to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. With 2,500 team members, IAP operates in more than 110 locations in 27 countries worldwide and maintains offices in the Washington D.C. area, Florida, Maryland, Oklahoma, the United Kingdom, and the Middle East. Learn more at www.iapws.com.
Job Location: Laughlin AFB, TX
Job Title: Quality Control Inspector
The incumbent is required to monitor, observe and evaluate supply functions in the T-6 COMBS warehouse. The Quality Control Inspector also functions as the training instructor and Safety Monitor for assigned personnel. The incumbent will also be responsible for review of all aircraft documentation as necessary to eliminate possible errors. The Quality Control Inspector will be under the direct supervision of the T-6 COMBS Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitoring, observing and Evaluating Maintenance in the COMBs and Safety Procedures
- Ensuring Compliance with Procedures
- Dealing with Coworkers/Clients/Public
- Monitoring and reporting on COMBS warehouse supply
- Assisting warehouse-receiving clerks in performance of receiving inspections during peak loads.
- Investigate and submits items for warranty claims when
- Accomplishing forms and documentation reviews as
- Advises management on revising inspection/receiving regulations, as required, to meet contractual requirements.
- Preparing discrepancy reports and recommending actions in regards to vendor material found to be damaged when received.
- Accomplishing the functions of the Site Safety and HAZMAT Program Monitor.
- Reviewing aircraft documentation, GSE maintenance and historical data to screen for possible errors.
- Accomplishing site training for new personnel and assisting with training records maintenance.
- Setting up and maintaining the Technical Library.
- Performing QEC installation inspections.
- Cleaning of warehouse, shops, offices and restroom as required.
- Clerical and other assigned duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Graduation from a standard four (4) year high school or equivalent (GED) and a Minimum of five (5) years recent experience in aircraft maintenance.
- DOCUMENTED PROOF OF AIRCRAFT MECHANIC EXPERIENCE.
- Valid FAA Airframe and Power plant Certificate.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of Military or Commercial aviation maintenance
- U.S. Government regulations for federal contractors and FAA Maintenance programs; and aircraft maintenance terminology.
- Extensive working knowledge in logistics and data information systems.
- Familiarity with FAR's relating to aircraft components, parts, hardware and equipment (FAR Part 21 and FAR Part 43).
- Thorough knowledge of warehouse shipping and receiving procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to deal courteously with the customer